Okay now I'm sold...

I joined MFP as a recommendation from a youtube user I recently starting following(Hey Haute Shellbi!!). Boy I have to admit I'm so glad I listened I started 2 weeks ago with light exercise(very light) and logging and am down 8 lbs already. I am completely dedicated now because I believe I can do this. Let me give you some background on myself....I have done Jenny Craig, Atkins, Weight Watchers(which this kind of reminds me of), and a few other diets and some how this works for me comfortably. I have read through a few success stories and can't wait to put my own up. I have been hospitalized twice this month and sent home from work because of high blood pressure(which I never had) and the doctor went into a whole list of ailments that I could suffer from if I didn't get myself together and that has woken me up. I think I had gotten so tired of being obsessed with my weight that I decided to just accept it. I wasn't thinking of the health risks with all the weight I kept gaining. I found myself sleeping alot, not wanting to go out with my husband because I don't like how I look and disappointing my kids because I don't feel like leaving the house to take them anywhere, Let me tell you this summer they went to the beach one time...I refuse to do this to my family next year. I want to go out with my husband more, I want to take the kids to the beach every week and I want to just be a better and healthier me. So....Here I am completely sold that this works and I can make it a way of life and not just a diet because truthfully who needs to eat that much food anyway. LOL! Who knew it was as simple as cutting things in half. Well that is my short story, I would love some support. I in turn will do the same for you!

Replies

• klynn08
    klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
    Good for you, Im glad you found something that works for you! One thing this site definitely helps me with is staying motivated. Everyday were all helping each other stay on track
  • lkwalker71
    lkwalker71 Posts: 131 Member
    Welcome and good luck on your journey. I joined at the end of May and as of today I have lost 32 pounds. I have done Weight Watchers in the past, did well but ended up putting it all back on. MFP makes me so much more aware of what I am eating. When I did WW, I was not paying close attention to the calories since my leader said not to focus on the calories. The support and motivation from others on here has kept me focused on my journey and I love this site.
  • Peachy_T
    Peachy_T Posts: 138 Member
    I joined 2 weeks ago and have lost 8 lbs. also. I've done WW and I liked it, but by counting calories on MFP, it seems like the light finally came on and I see everything more clearly! I am so impressed with this site! Wishing you much success! Feel free to add me if you like.
  • glassgallm
    glassgallm Posts: 276 Member
    Hi and Welcome! Your story is sort of similar to mine: After an insurance sponsored wellness consult and testing I had a wake up call to high blood pressure and being overweight as well. I have been on this site for almost 3 weeks now, and checking in here several times a day is now becoming an important habbit. (Maybe more of an addiction!) There is so much information here just by reading different posts, not to mention the great cheering section. Good luck on your new lifestyle!
  • sunshinethompson
    sunshinethompson Posts: 106 Member
    Well you made the right choice! I joined MFP for similar reasons. I've lost 50lbs since July 9th and I want to try to get to 60 before Christmas. Make sure you add positive friends so that you can share food diaries and encourage each other. I know you will be successful. Like you, I tried L.A. Weight Loss, Results and Weight Watchers and none can compare to MFP! I'm learning to follow the program, eat healthier and most of all, understanding the food I put in my mouth!
  • cflec1
    cflec1 Posts: 60 Member
    Just starting out myself. Decided I am going to weigh in once a week, hopefully it won't be long before I start noticing a drop in weight.
  • rubyosburn
    rubyosburn Posts: 119 Member
    Congratulations for making one of the best decisions! My Health Coach told me about this site, and I was hesitant at first, but
    once I looked around I was sold. Feel free to add me as a friend I will give as much support as I can! :flowerforyou:
  • mrsfortune
    mrsfortune Posts: 82 Member
    Wow I'm overwhelmed with the responses everyone has jumped in with. I see now that this is also going to be a great support system. I am so happy I joined, this is definitely a wake up call!