Walking at work??

Options
I am fairly new, ok 2nd post,lol! I am a nurse so I am on the run for 12 hours, and I want to give myself some credit for this under exercise, but how? It isn't like a hard workout, that I can say I did for 30 minutes. Do any of you chart this and what is the best way to do so? Thanks so much!

Replies

• JamieArmbruster
    JamieArmbruster Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am fairly new, ok 2nd post,lol! I am a nurse so I am on the run for 12 hours, and I want to give myself some credit for this under exercise, but how? It isn't like a hard workout, that I can say I did for 30 minutes. Do any of you chart this and what is the best way to do so? Thanks so much!
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:

You should have accounted for the amount of walking you do in your lifestyle choice (sedentary, light activty, etc.) you made when you signed up. Your caloric intake will be based on that information.

Best of luck!
  • JamieArmbruster
    Options
    I did do that! Whew, just wanted to make sure! Thanks so much! That is what I get for signing up too late in the night when I am tired!
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't count it as "exercise" but I'd certainly record it as part of your BMR (look in "goals" in the toolbar on your homepage, then go to "change goals"/"guided" and enter "Active" under Normal Daily Activities.) You'll get "credit" for it that way!
  • alacio86
    Options
    Well, if you have a lunch break, i will take that time to go for a walk or even a run if you can. I have a lot of co-workers that do that.
    Also, another tip, if you have an elevator at work, take the stairs, you will burn 6 more calories, i know is not that many, but at least you are more active.
    Wake up early in the morning! I know is such a pain cause I hate it. I have been waking up at 5:30 every morning and I work out average 30 minutes, sometimes I try to do 45 and then I eat my breakfast and up to work!
    You are so tired in the begining but you will get use to it, that way you do not have to worry about it in the afternoon or at night.
    you will have to go to bed early, like at 9 or 10, so your body gets enough rest.

Hope it helps!
  • JamieArmbruster
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies. I would love to get lunch breaks, unfortunately I work in a busy ER and don't get breaks ( we just grab food when we can, I love sandwichs, salads:) I only work 3 days a week, so I am able to schedule my workouts around them, although I will have to bump up my workouts soon! Thanks again!