Looking for 45 to 50 year old success stories

Options
Hi,
Just wondering if there is a group or topic for this. Just looking for motivation from my age group.

Replies

• vikesfanmb
    vikesfanmb Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and I have lost 65 pounds to date, since the beginning of this year. I won't say it's been easy . . but very rewarding.
    Send me a friend request, if you'd like! :smile:

Basically, I went from exercising 0 days per week to exercising approximately 5-6 days per week. And I stopped eating fast food every day . . I was eating it up to twice per day. I've also incorporated much more fruits and veggies into my diet . . previous to starting MFP, I would say I was getting 1-2 servings per day. Now I probably get 5-7 servings per day.

It has been as much a mental "change of mindset" as it has been a physical change. Food no longer "rules" my day. I eat to live, not living to eat.
  • AnnieFJ
    AnnieFJ Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 43lbs (33 on MFP).
    If you really want to do it, you can do it. A few years ago I didnt think I could run but I tried and at first just walked with a few short runs every couple of minutes. Now I run 3 times a week for between 5 and 8 miles each time, and have done two 10K races, I hope to do a half marathon next year.
    I have gone from size 16 (UK) to size 10 and feel fantastic.
    MFP is brilliant and really helps, but it really is just logical, use more calories than you eat if you want to lose weight and dont kid yourself or cheat. If you bite it write it!!
    Good luck

Check my profile pics for before/after. My main pic was taken just yesterday and I still cant believe that's me!
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 43lbs (33 on MFP).
    If you really want to do it, you can do it. A few years ago I didnt think I could run but I tried and at first just walked with a few short runs every couple of minutes. Now I run 3 times a week for between 5 and 8 miles each time, and have done two 10K races, I hope to do a half marathon next year.
    I have gone from size 16 (UK) to size 10 and feel fantastic.
    MFP is brilliant and really helps, but it really is just logical, use more calories than you eat if you want to lose weight and dont kid yourself or cheat. If you bite it write it!!
    Good luck

Check my profile pics for before/after. My main pic was taken just yesterday and I still cant believe that's me!

Thank you for sharing and congratulations!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!