Workout Clothes

emily2emily
emily2emily Posts: 1
edited October 5 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey everyone. I was wondering- do you all wash your workout clothes after every single time you use them? I am a poor college student so I reuse them multiple times. They do get sweaty obviously but I hang them up to air out and they normally smell fine. It doesn't make my room smell bad or anything either. Is this weird/gross?

Replies

• You're not weird at all! The washers and driers in my sorority house are ridiculously expensive so I'm in the same situation. Frebreeze Sport is my best friend ;)
  • puppywalker
    puppywalker Posts: 109 Member
    If nothing else you should at least rinse them out after your workout to wash away the sweat. You don't want them to grow bacteria. I would suggest you wash them, but you can cut the detergent in half. Those "fill lines" are deceitful. You don't need that much detergent.
  • withervein
    withervein Posts: 224 Member
    I tend to wear things twice, but cycle them a bit. It's hard on clothes to wash them repeatedly, so I will cycle through my three sports bras and when I'm on bra 3 for the second time, its laundry day.

T-shirts usually get washed each time, but thats cause I have so many ratty old shirts that I don't think I will ever run out if they start getting worn out. I take good care of my shorts, pants and bras tho. A good sports bra can set me back more than $40 if I need to replace it.
  • I wash every time but dont always put in the dryer
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Maybe take a shower with them on??? Then you can at least rinse them well and then hang them to dry??
  • Fit_Hip_Mama
    Fit_Hip_Mama Posts: 7 Member
    I wash my gym clothes each and every time because if you don't your shirts and sports bras will start smelling bad and the smell will stick. If you don't have time to wash them immediately, at least let them out to air dry. Good point @ puppywalker, bacteria will grow on them if you don't wash them regularly. If you don't have the funds to wash them in the washer machine, try hand washing with woolite.
  • I wear a tech fabric and hand wash it in warm water every time I wear it. You only need a drop of detergent. Then I hang it to dry for the next day. Barely costs me a dime! :)
  • BattyMama
    BattyMama Posts: 136 Member
    You're not weird at all! The washers and driers in my sorority house are ridiculously expensive so I'm in the same situation. Frebreeze Sport is my best friend ;)

I have a house and a washer and dryer in house I do the same unless the workout is a sweaty one then I say spray them and hang them the Frebreeze and tide sports will become your best friends
  • JaysBlondeBrownie
    JaysBlondeBrownie Posts: 64 Member
    I can't rewear mine because they STANK when I'm done with them! BUT, I have enough for 7 days a week so I only have to wash them maybe twice a week.
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    I only wash when they smell. Unfortunately, dri-fit smells after the first time you use it >.<
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    I wash every time and hang to dry. The fabric lasts longer and doesn't pill if you hang dry and you can wash by hand in your dorm sink if money and bad washer/dryers are an issue.
This discussion has been closed.