Are you addicted to sweets, smokes, coffee or otherwise?

Options
So my friend, who for 10 years was a closet smoker for nearly 10 years came out of the closet. She was doing a high intensity workout program at home yet her reward both before and after her workouts was to have a cigarette. She couldn't openly share that with me until now because it was so against the principals of getting healthy.

She started to fill her body with a supernutrient product and one day she said she woke up literally not feeling the urge to smoke. She was shocked and hasn't looked back since and didn't even go through the withdrawl stage. I had the same experience with optimal nutrients.... I one day literally FORGOT to have my coffee and didn't even notice it until I was on my way to work & nearly had a panic attack wondering how I would get through my work day without it. Instead I was so energized from what I was putting into my body that I no longer required energy in the form of coffee. Yeah!

There is a connection here whether you crave sweets, salt, smokes, coffee, etc! The body is craving things because it is missing out on the vital nutrients that it has been deprived or depleted of. For example often when we think we are hungry, it really is our body telling us that we are thirsty. I encourage you to experiment with this for 2 weeks and see what happens with your cravings and report back! I know it has been a "game changer" for me. Have any of you experienced this as well?

Feel free to friend me and tell me what shows up with your cravings... thanks and have a fit and fabulous day! Colleen ;)

Replies

• MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Drink water when I feel hungry has helped me tremendously since starting MFP. If wasn't doesn't completely satisfy me between meals, then I'll eat something.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm... I'm not giving up my coffee. I tried and I crawled right back. I love it. Drink it black with no sugar/cream or any other garbage in it. Just pure coffee and water.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I've read from several sources that our urge to over eat for example is triggered by low density nutrient food (refined and highly processed, lots of sugar, salt, fat, etc.) I believe it to be true. I am changing my diet (working towards) a very plant based diet focusing on the green plants which are supposed to be the most nutritious on the planet. Currently I can say no to many things that I used to crave, but I also find that sometimes when I start eating a particular junk food I have a very difficult time stopping especialy when I am alone. So it will be a work in progress for me!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I love my two cups of black coffee a day (I do use Splenda). I don't smoke, never did, and I don't care for sweets. But I think that the OP is trying to sell some kind of product, and that is not allowed in this Forum
  • Laylasmom77
    Laylasmom77 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of quit smoking and I noticed I felt stronger in my workout this morning.