Lost it!

Options
Ok. I was doing SO well for all of january.....THEN...the superbowl....

well apparantly that did me in! that day and monday and tues i went over by AT LEAST 5oo calories!:noway: i couldn't stop myslf even at the end of the night when i KNEW i was digging myself into a BIGGER hole!!!! :sad: not only have i gone way over but i haven't even done any excercise!!!!

today i said i was going to get back on track but....then my boss comes in and asks me if i want a personnal pizza from domino's (meaning go get one for him and while your there get one for yourself :tongue: ) well i didn't want to seem ungrateful for not taking him up on an offer to a free lunch.....i ate it...came on here to see what damage i had done...and wow!:noway: about 600 calories! now i've ruined THIS day too....and i only have 200 cals left for dnner! that will hardly be enough so looks like i'm going to be OVER today too!!!

i felt soo good and proud of myself for being soooo good in jan. and now i just so disappointed in myself!!:grumble: :angry: :explode:

I wana have a GOOD day again!!! and i want them to continue!!!....thank god my boss only wants lunch every few months...

thanks for listening:flowerforyou: .....any advice on how to find my modivation again...or how u find yours after u screw up...BAD

Replies

• sherris
    sherris Posts: 112
    Options

well apparantly that did me in! that day and monday and tues i went over by AT LEAST 5oo calories!:noway: i couldn't stop myslf even at the end of the night when i KNEW i was digging myself into a BIGGER hole!!!! :sad: not only have i gone way over but i haven't even done any excercise!!!!

today i said i was going to get back on track but....then my boss comes in and asks me if i want a personnal pizza from domino's (meaning go get one for him and while your there get one for yourself :tongue: ) well i didn't want to seem ungrateful for not taking him up on an offer to a free lunch.....i ate it...came on here to see what damage i had done...and wow!:noway: about 600 calories! now i've ruined THIS day too....and i only have 200 cals left for dnner! that will hardly be enough so looks like i'm going to be OVER today too!!!

i felt soo good and proud of myself for being soooo good in jan. and now i just so disappointed in myself!!:grumble: :angry: :explode:

I wana have a GOOD day again!!! and i want them to continue!!!....thank god my boss only wants lunch every few months...

thanks for listening:flowerforyou: .....any advice on how to find my modivation again...or how u find yours after u screw up...BAD
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    That is in the past...it happened...don't let it derail you. Get back to it. Not every day is going to be perfect but don't let that become your excuse for "slipping" either.

I am going to find a post from Banks about Willpower that always helps me and bump it for you. :drinker:

(haha, had to edit cause the smiley didn't show up and I am just calling myself a drinker. :indifferent: )
  • sherris
    sherris Posts: 112
    Options
    thanks i'd apperciate it.....i need all the help i can get getting back on track!!!!
  • IUChelle423
    Options
    I agree - it happens but make a point that it stops today. When you get off work, do some kind of exercise and tell yourself you'll do at least 200-300 calories so you'll have enough for dinner without going over.

About the pizza thing - it's tough, I know! Next time, eat only 1/2 and save the other half for dinner and then supplement the meals with a salad, fruits or veggies if possible.
  • SHOPPINGDIVA
    Options
    just remember.......its NEVER too late to dust yourself off and get back on track....Girl you can do it! We all slip and fall sometimes, now it would be too late if you let this pattern continue for a long period of time, you would find it very hard to get back on the wagon....Try real hard...and tell yourself summer is right around the corner!
  • justdoingit
    justdoingit Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon like that a couple of weeks when I wanted Mexican really bad and pigged out at this great restaurant but then I felt awful! But you know, instead of walking 30 minutes I did two 60 minute hikes and was good the rest of the week. Don't beat yourself up, just keep trying!:flowerforyou:

Since then, I have lost about 4lbs. You are going to have bad days, but as long as you stick with it this does get better. :smile:
  • weissjoel82
    weissjoel82 Posts: 14 Member
    Options

I can sympathize, the superbowl munchies got me all out of wack too, but you just need to recalibrate over the next few days, and it'll be fine.
  • MattySparky
    Options
    I would suggest next time... dont eat the pizza! I know everyone on here is all "eat half the pizza" blah blah blah... you need to be tough on yourself, the fact is we all do (on ourselves, not you LOL). You've taken the first step and admited that you made a mistake, but you have to stop if you want to change. That means no more dominos ppp's, not even half... because if you're anything like me then eating half only makes an excuse to do it more often. I know its hard to resist temptation but that's what this is all about. DONT DO IT AGAIN.... or else you'll feel like s*%t again. I feel for ya I really do, but I dont have any sympathy for you because I know that's not what you need... plus you admited to knowing what you were doing even though you knew it wasn't going to be pretty once you figured out how many cals over you were. I think alot of people on here are using the superbowl as an excuse (not pointing any fingers and dont take this the wrong way girl, Im in your corner... trust me!). This type of behaviour is not good, it makes it easy to turn any event into an excuse. My friends birthday, my anniversary, easter dinner etc etc etc... before long it's saturday night, thursday night any day ending in "Y". Be hard on yourself! that's what we're here for! You can totally do it! You have to be tough and make yourself a believer. We all believe in you!