It's cold in Wisconsin and I need some friends!

Options
Hey everyone! Looking for some friends on here to help keep me motivated. I've got about 45 pounds to lose and I'm focusing on 15 pound increments so it doesn't seem so daunting. Looking forward to hearing from ya!

Replies

• celewis2011
    celewis2011 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I am in MN , i know exactly how you feel , this is the time of year i struggle the most , I love to sit in the house with a cappuccino and cuddle in my snuggie and watch tv
  • mbakken90
    mbakken90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm in IL and it's cold here too!! Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • sangelic
    sangelic Posts: 207
    Options
    I'm in Wisconsin too! MFP is fabulous, feel free to add me if you like.
  • hofdog
    hofdog Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I am in Cali...and it's cold...well cold for here :)
  • jesscoon
    Options
    Right! Cold in California is probably a dream day here! :)
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome! Sorry it's so cold in Wisconsin, lol. If I could send you some of our crazy mild and warm Florida weather I would! My first goal weight is 163, I'm aiming to get down to it by 1/1/12. Total loss I'm going for is about 30-40 lbs. Feel free to add me!
  • erinhilleshiem
    Options
    jess- I'm in WI and it's brisk today, but not terrible. I took my doggie and baby for a 40 minute walk and loved it! Wish I did that everyday not only once a weekish LOL
  • rlbohn
    Options
    Hey! I'm from Wisconsin too. At least it's almost 60 today! I could use some more motivation myself, feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • liveinthemix
    liveinthemix Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Hey there..!! Welcome to the site!! It's getting cold over here near the nation's capital as well,.. (although we are having a warm spell for a few days, that just means hell to pay when winter arrives) .. I have 44lbs left to lose. . feel free to add me as a friend too!
  • afalls11
    afalls11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm from Wisconsin and would be happy to help you on your journey. Let's work on this together.

Anita
  • k9hrd
    k9hrd Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It is cold in Idaho too.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Evansville!! I used to live in Milton. In Fond du Lac, now. It really isn't that bad today!
    After 50lbs I'm finished losing, practicing maintenance now.
    Good luck!!
  • irisheyes42us
    Options
    Hello I am Deb from Missouri! feel free to ad me :):flowerforyou:
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I'm in Illinois and I know what you mean about cold!!! Welcome. Friend me if you want to!!!
  • malachiemery
    Options
    I'm new here, From WI. looking for friends/support
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I live in Wisconsin as well-you can tell from my profile picture lol.
  • FitnessBarbie99
    FitnessBarbie99 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I just started here a few days ago. I've got about the same amount of weight to lose.
    My first goal is to get under 200, which I hope to do by mid-December if not earlier.
    Next goal is to get 184, which is the high range of a healthy BMI.
    After that, I'm thinking 172, which what used to be for me the heaviest I let myself get because anything above that made me feel sluggish.
    I could rest at 170 for quite awhile.
    At 6 feet tall 165 would probably be ideal.

Friend me if you'd like!
  • MrsHyland
    MrsHyland Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I live in Cali, and it has been rather chilly. Although I'm sure you're right about it still being better here. I would guess our worst winter day is probably equivalent to your best winter day. It has been real cold in the morning but warmer in the afternoon. Welcome aboard and good luck. I just started on Monday, but I already feel better. I hope you achieve your goals. :smile:
  • btor
    btor Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hooray for Wisconsin!! I love our state :)
  • normsch
    Options
    Western Massachusetts, home of October Noreaster's.
    Good luck with losing weight.