Help Please - Meeting Daily Fat Goal

Options
I am having a hard time figuring out what to eat to meet my daily fat goal. I am looking for something to eat that is high in good fat, but not so high in calories. Any suggestions?

Replies

• akgrl1020
    Options
    Avocados and peanut butter!
  • liveinthemix
    liveinthemix Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Almonds are good too!!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    eggs, tuna, avocados, full fat dairy (like Fage Total Greek yogurt)
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Teddy makes an All Natural Peanut Butter, both smooth and chunky that's my go to, you could also do almonds or nuts, add them to a salad instead of croutons. Just be careful with the nuts, pretty high in calories for the amount you get. Emeralds makes a packaged nut that is like 100 calories for a little pouch.
  • NuMe46
    NuMe46 Posts: 128
    Options
    All nuts contain good fat. Almonds and pistachios are my favorites. Also pecans are good. Wholly guacamole is now packaged in 100 calorie snack packs and it is good with low carb tortilla shells which you can bake until crispy.
  • EroseT23
    EroseT23 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    The problem is, each gram of fat has 9 calories, and carbs or protein only have 4 calories per gram. So you're not going to find anything that's high in good fats AND low calorie. The suggestions so far are great: avocados, nuts, full fat dairy, etc, or try dressing your salads with olive oil based dressings. When I find my fat is low for the day, I notice it's usually because my carbs are too high. So I try swapping good-fat foods for carb foods, like I'll eat eggs for breakfast instead of a bagel. Good luck!