replacing choco & pb for PMS?

Options
Does anyone have a fabulous *clean* replacement for chocolate and peanut butter for my cravings? I'm all ears :)

Replies

• kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a fabulous *clean* replacement for chocolate and peanut butter for my cravings? I'm all ears :)
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    :noway: nope! Just stick to one peanut butter cup and you don't really have to worry. I thinkone is around 100 cals which isn't a big deal.
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    yummo! I have the same problem. I like to snack on a wasa cracker with nutella and PB. Its my end of day treat.
  • amycakes812
    Options
    Not really a replacement , but for something a little healthier I have a Jello SF dark chocolate pudding with 1 tbsp peanut butter stirred into it. It really helped me get over that craving without drowning myself in sugar and calories!
  • mandersen16
    Options
    I eat protein bars and they have chocolate peanut butter ones that are to die for! Yummy if you leave them in the fridge for a bit.

the problem with having "just one" is that I could never stop at one. I would tell myself just one, but it wouldn't happen. And it's really not good for your body!
  • katz2manie
    katz2manie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I eat Reese's Pieces...25 pieces are 100 calories. I only eat 10 pieces though. It is enough to satisfy my craving.
  • auntnana
    Options
    Chocolate PB2 sold by Bell Plantation. It is powdered peanut butter that you mix with water. 85% less fat. They also sell plain PB2. Just search it on the web.
  • rklein71
    rklein71 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I don't have an answer for chocolate and peanut butter, but if I need just a little bit of chocolate I love the Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia Yogurt. It has just enough chocolate to settle my inner beast and is only 160 calories in 1/2 c.
  • Julie837
    Options
    Try Reese's puffs cereal, it's what I give my kids to keep them off of cookies, and with skim milk it's fairly low fat, and very filling.
  • kristinlough
    Options
    LOVE these ideas! (okay, so I hate chocolate except that one week a month ... so some might get altered a smidge) but these are fabulous! Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Hm I'm thinking a recipe for just such a replacement was posted in the last few days? Anyone recall that? It may have been posted by Jo (JasaBella?).....sheesh right at the moment I can't even recall the name of the recipe but it was mentioned it was the taste of a pbcup. Might be able to find it by browsing recipes over the last few days?

I'd do it now for you but just heading out the door...if you don't find it I can see if I can later Kristin:flowerforyou:

FC:heart:
  • kristinlough
    Options
    Chocolate Apex protien powder, half of a banana, ice, water and peanut butter!

Tastes just like a peanut butter cup.

*you can use skim milk if you like it creamier

Found it!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    thanks for hunting that down Lucky...that was sweet of You:flowerforyou: