How do you respond to this..or do you just dont..

Options
krissagirl0709
krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
I am trying to figure out how to respond to this in away that he might understand..but my sons dad just wont I dont think.. his friend jumped another person because he had molested a child which is WRONG on so many levels..but he did serve time, and now has a title that will stay with him..and it is not my sons dad or my sons dads friends job to get "justice" the child and the childs family deserves justice..but I dont know how they would get it over something so terrible, I can understand why that child or the family would want to hurt this man but it really only hurts themselves as well..and then my sons dad and his friends stole this guys IPOD touch and everything else..like really? and then he just texting me saying that he now has two Ipod Touchs and I asked how he got them and the above story is how he got the first one.. I just cant deal with that kind of behavior I dont have time for it..I tell him its wrong but it goes in one ear and out the other..hes just never going to grow up..hes 28 years old almost..

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    "Stupid is as stupid does" -Forrest Gump.
  • Football_N_Guns
    Football_N_Guns Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Sadly, he probably needs a more severe punishment to learn a lesson. IMO
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    You're well out of that, by the sounds of it. Sorry to hear it, though. :frown:
  • Rain_Howard
    Options
    Live your life the way you see fit. The only concern you should have with how anyone else lives life is the manner in which it affects your son's well being. If this kind of activity is happening in front of your child then it's an issue. If not, it isn't. You can't control others, only yourself.

Be there for your child and teach him right from wrong. He'll be fine. Your ex is an ex for a reason. Let him live his life as he sees fit.

Be well, be happy, be nice to yourself.
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I sit here and shake my head, I just don't know what to say. Does he think he's above the law to steal something from someone?
    If he served his time, and your children are SAFE, that's all that should matter, right?

I wish you all the luck you deserve with him, sounds like you'll need it....

:flowerforyou:
  • krissagirl0709
    Options
    Sadly, he probably needs a more severe punishment to learn a lesson. IMO

Well I agree, they dont punish this crime severe enough I dont think I mean shoplifters get longer sentences it seems but thats a flaw of the corrections system. But doesnt mean that others should do wrong, and get in trouble for stuff like this..
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    You already told him that he was wrong, and the law should handle such crimes. You did your part. You cannot control him.

I do think that his response as a father is a natural one. (That doesn't mean it is the correct one. We have laws, and we must turn to the law for justice.) He wants to protect his children from monsters. I hope he takes time in the near future to realize he can't protect them if he is behind bars for assaulting an alleged perpetrator.
  • dravenangel
    dravenangel Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    That is so so sad to hear. Let's hope he doesn't try to teach your son that two wrongs make a right... From your reaction to what he's done I'm sure that you're a wonderful mum and wouldn't let that happen though :smile:
  • krissagirl0709
    Options
    Live your life the way you see fit. The only concern you should have with how anyone else lives life is the manner in which it affects your son's well being. If this kind of activity is happening in front of your child then it's an issue. If not, it isn't. You can't control others, only yourself.

Be there for your child and teach him right from wrong. He'll be fine. Your ex is an ex for a reason. Let him live his life as he sees fit.

My son will not see this at all! There are reasons I am so strict with where my son sees his dad and this is one of the reasons.

I always just hope he will change though, get a job and keep it..support my son, he obviously loves him when he is around as short as that may be I can tell that he loves my son but why cant he stop the behavior so that I can know he wont be in and out of trouble for my son. I have tryed being friends with my ex but our personalitys are so different that I dont think we will ever see eye to eye on issues. He is into fighting and stuff but that doesnt get you anywhere..
  • Rain_Howard
    Options

All I can tell you is you can't change a person if they aren't willing to change and to even try is futile and frustrating. If he won't do it for his own child then he most likely won't do it for any other reason.

My son will not see this at all! There are reasons I am so strict with where my son sees his dad and this is one of the reasons.

I always just hope he will change though, get a job and keep it..support my son, he obviously loves him when he is around as short as that may be I can tell that he loves my son but why cant he stop the behavior so that I can know he wont be in and out of trouble for my son. I have tryed being friends with my ex but our personalitys are so different that I dont think we will ever see eye to eye on issues. He is into fighting and stuff but that doesnt get you anywhere..
  • krissagirl0709
    Options
    You already told him that he was wrong, and the law should handle such crimes. You did your part. You cannot control him.

I do think that his response as a father is a natural one. (That doesn't mean it is the correct one. We have laws, and we must turn to the law for justice.) He wants to protect his children from monsters. I hope he takes time in the near future to realize he can't protect them if he is behind bars for assaulting an alleged perpetrator.

I agree the response is a natural one...I think the victim should defenitly get more justice then they do and it will never equal up to the crime committed unfortunately..but that is not in his hands and he dont know who the victim is..
  • krissagirl0709
    Options
    That is so so sad to hear. Let's hope he doesn't try to teach your son that two wrongs make a right... From your reaction to what he's done I'm sure that you're a wonderful mum and wouldn't let that happen though :smile:

Yeah I will always teach my son right from wrong..
    He was defending having the Ipod because he didnt beat him up but his friend did and then asked if he wanted the IPod I told him that he should have gave the Ipod back because you dont just take stuff from people because thats stealing..and his response is that he just gave it back..

I dont believe him lol he has had that Ipod for 2 weeks and just now when I find out how he got it he says he just gave it back...
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Since logic goes in his one ear and out the other, don't waste any more of your time and engergy on replying, at all. Don't text back, stay silent on the matter. He if continues, tell him you don't want to hear about that stuff so you choose to ignore his messages entirely. He will eventually catch a clue, stop it, and change the subject. Even dumb people like him don't like to be ignored.
  • chyloet
    chyloet Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I don't see how taking the guys IPOD touch protected his child.? That sounds like robbery to me. How will his son feel when the police come and arrest his father for that? Has he ever heard the saying *two wrongs don't make a right*.? I guess that's the best way to explain it to your child.
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    It sounds to me like he is using this guy being a molester as an excuse not to control himself. He wanted the guy's Ipod touch, so he took it and he could justify that by saying he was a bad man. It would be one thing if he committed a crime in the process of protecting a child, but that is not the case here. There is nothing you can do with it, because it is just immature crap. Just continue to shelter your child from his influence as much as you can.
  • krissagirl0709
    Options
    Thanks guys, I usually dont respond to things like that..I didnt even know how he got the IPOD..Lets just say when he is at my house I have hid stuff because there has been stuff that has went missing..or and the kids piggy banks there wasnt much in there just extra silver money and a twenty dollar bill in each and some 1's and now all thats left is pennys...

I think ill just stick with the "Two wrongs dont make a right" I am doing to much to deal with behavior like that..

Plus I want to be a juvenile probation officer possibly one day and that attitude from him of all people I wont put up with.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Ok, I seriously have no idea what you just said. What a mess...
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'm really confused! What exactly are you asking? Should you take the stolen iPod or should you quit talking to your half whit ex?
  • krissagirl0709
    Options
    67v
    Ok, I seriously have no idea what you just said. What a mess...

Sorry, I was in a rush! But I guess I was just bringing up trust issues I have had in the past with him because he I think has stolen from me also. I wouldnt take the Ipod, I told him he should give it back. No matter what I will always have to communicate with him though because we have a child together but I was looking for advice on what to say to him when this kind of stuff comes up.
  • branflake5
    Options
    Ok so stealing the IPOD stupid, but as for the guy getting jumped I'm sorry but he is a convicted child molester who should have never been released back into society. And I would say he should expect more of getting his a** kicked. Fortunately to my knowledge I have never met anyone who is a child predator but I really don't know how I would react if I did. I'm just being 100% honest I get enraged when I hear these crimes on the news and whether it is my child or a child I have never and will never meet doesn't make it less horrific. I am a firm believer in an eye for an eye.