HOUSEWORK

Options
I have been doing heavy cleaning. Moving furniture and lugging around a shop vac. And then mopping and putting everything back. Does anyone know how many calories I might have burned?
I a few weeks I will be doing my bi-yearly cleaning of my church. Cleaning twenty pews. Stripping and waxing a 5000 square foot area. How many calories will that burn?

Replies

• kenyonsmom10
    kenyonsmom10 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    calories burnt vary upon the person/effort/their size etc....the best way to really track it is buying a heart rate monitor that tracks calories too. I bought mine at walmart for 25 bucks.
  • snowfox92
    snowfox92 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Just type in heavy vigorous cleaning into MFP and you will get your usual thing that comes up when you type in exercise.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    If you don't have an HRM, you'll have to use the MFP calculations, I think it's under housework or cleaning. Just enter the amount of minutes you spent. However I have always found that the numbers seem very high, so if I were you I would only enter in half of what it says to be on the safe side. It will still likely be a good amount.