Bad Choice

Options
So last night a friend of mine had a Thanksgiving dinner. My plan was to stop in say hi and then head on my way. Well unfortunately, I stayed and grabbed a plate. And ate, and ate, and ate. I feel so awful for doing that. I knew what I was doing and knew I shouldnt have ate all that but I just didnt listen to that voice in my head. I weigh in tomorrow :\. I stepped on the scale this morning and was super sad. I worked so hard this whole week and then for one day I just let it all go. With the holiday coming up I just hope I can keep strong to do what I know is right because at the end of each day after all my great decisions, I feel amazing. Anyone else do this or have done this? Worked soo hard during the week and then just bomb out on one day. Landes_k

Replies

• WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Of course I've done this!!!! We all have. Chin up, girl. Just put it in your past and make today rock and tomorrow too! Life happens, don't add on a side of guilt - but good job holding yourself accountable.

Now move on! :) Today is a NEW day!
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think we've all done it. But let's put things into perspective. Do you plan to "diet" for the rst of your life? Or just until you reach your goal? And then what? If you're looking at really changing your life, living a healthier lifestyle, then it's only one day of many. Tomorrow's another day. Remember how it has made you feel, but move on. Don't beat yourself up. You'll make better choices next time. :)
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    Options
    hand up....actually both hands up....but this is life occasionally we over indulge...BUT there is always tomorrow and if it does not become a habit but a rarity...then you can work it off this week and it will be ok....dont beat yourself up....
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Chances are you didn't eat enough to actually gain weight. It takes 3600 calories above your maintenance calories to add a pound. You're probably seeing water weight on the scale. Drink a lot of water to flush the excess sodium and try to exercise a bit extra today.

Good luck on your journey.
  • ehunte
    ehunte Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yes, you are not alone! Perhaps you needed to know the feeling before Thanksgiving and Xmas rolls around so you will be more prepared for those occasions. That is what I'm telling myself. I already have my plan to work the weeks of both holidays.

A few weeks ago I went to a cinema where you can eat and watch movies. I ordered from the appetizer menu thinking that would be smaller portions. It was, but everything on the plate was fried. I enjoyed eating it all, but was so sick the rest of the night I could not sleep. Believe me I learnt a valuable lesson – I wouldn’t be doing that again!