What are some quick high calorie foods?

My goal is to put on 18lbs in 18 weeks. Does anyone have any suggestions of high calorie food I could use to boost my calorie count that isn't too bad for me? Chocolate can only get me so far! :laugh:

Replies

• NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    almonds cashews peanuts walnuts and nut butters
    avocado
    coconut and olive oil
    you could add protein powder to greek yogurt for smoothies and the like.

good luck with your goal.

:smile:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Depends on what kind of weight you want to put on. Just pounds, or increased muscle?
  • emilydmac
    emilydmac Posts: 382 Member
    Peanut Butter out of the jar!
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    nuts, peanut butter, avacado, black beans, protein powder.....
  • doublexhelix
    doublexhelix Posts: 199 Member
    alcohol

:)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Yeah, 18lbs of what? Fat or Muscle (with some fat)?

Whole fat milk, red mean, nuts, protein shakes with 2 scoops of protein, eggs, cheese, whole fat greek yogurt, olive oil, butter...
  • Depends on what kind of weight you want to put on. Just pounds, or increased muscle?

Thank you for the suggestions everyone. Well, my main goal is to increase muscle mass, but at the moment I'm about 1 stone underweight so any weight at all is good at the minute.

alcohol

:)

:p
  • Pkiddy
    Pkiddy Posts: 145 Member
    i'd skip the chocolate and alcohol and go with the proteins and dairy suggestions. Much better for you healthwise.
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Nuts are pretty calorie dense. Handful of brazil nuts can be an easy few hundred calories. Do that 3 times a day for over 1000 easy calories with good protein and mono fats.. Whole milk and maltodextrin with protein shakes can bulk them up to over 400 cals each. Take 2 of those a day as well and you got 1800 easy extra calories.

Steroids excluded, most people can gain a max of 2-3 pounds of muscle per month so in 18 weeks with heavy lifting and a clean caloric surplus, you should expect about 8-12 lb muscle gain. Gotta do the lifting and keep your bulk clean to get best muscular growth though.

Jay
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Don't forget the heavy lifting, and I mean heavy. TONS of info on this at bodybuilding.com You might also want to check out Starting Strength.
  • Thanks guys. I'll go and check out bodybuilding.com for some tips as well.

And I'll be picking some nuts up on my way home. Brazil nuts will be top of my shopping list :)