Anyone have the HTCHD2 ? Please read here!

Options
DizzieLittleLifter
DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
Hi everyone. Please commiserate with me. I'd like to hear your problems with this phone as well and any solutions you might have had.
I hate this phone, I hate it with a passion. It freezes constantly, won't upload pics to FB, I can't transfer data to my computer locking in all the pic and videos on the phone. Microsoft no longer supports the windows6.5 OS, and there is NOT an upgrade. This also means that we can no longer DL any apps. Half of the features that I bought the stupid phone for no longer work. I've had problems with this phone since the third month. I went to the store and asked for help. I got a shrug of a response stating that these phones are know for problems and I needed to DL the upgrade. I was never able to do that. I know now that it's because the phone wasn't compatible. The sales associate did not heed my concerns. I went to the T-mobile store again today. My phone has a small crack on the front and the battery constantly falls out. I just wanted them to do something so the darn phone works, I don't care about the crack. I've been paying $7 a month for the last 16 months for insurance on the phone. That in it self is a scam. I am ANGRY. Today I was told There is nothing they can do for me. I can either pay to upgrade my phone (before my eligibility), or I can pay $120 as a deductible to get a new phone. really? After 7 years as a T mobile customer this is what I get. So the product that was sold to me no longer performs as stated and it's my responsibility to remedy the situation? I'm still in the original contract! It seems to me that if the product I am bound to contract to no longer performs then the contract should be null or at the very least I should be given an option to remedy the problem at no cost to me. Am I alone in this? Is it possible that the guy at T-mobile is wrong? I just don't get how a company can render a product pretty much useless and still make the customer pay for it!

Replies

• killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have an old phone. My suggestion would be to get something new or deal with having an obsolete phone. It's not going to be any different with any other carrier. They sold you a cell phone, not a contract to make sure you always have the latest and greatest phone.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    It's not an old phone, and if you had read my post clearly you would have seen that I said the problems started after three months. Three months after I bought the phone. I'm not asking for the newest top of the line phone. I'm saying that the phone should PERFORM the functions that it was sold to me as performing. It's NOT my fault that microsoft decided to no longer support the OS.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I read your post, Windows 6.5 phones ARE obsolete. Maybe you didn't buy it long ago, but it's old technology. It's not the fault of the cell carrier that Microsoft stopped supporting that OS either, is it?

You'll find my advice is what you are going to have to go with, other than just dealing with that crappy phone. Sorry, but sometimes reality sucks.