Xmas present help - DVD workout for the hubby...P90x, Insani

Options
Hello,

My husband has mentioned that he would like one of the workout dvd programs, so I was thinking of getting one for him. He is in decent shape, stands/moves all day at work, but has a bit of a soda belly that he would like to lose. I looked at some of the different websites, but not really sure which to go with, so just looking for recommendations. If you could tell me what you think, and also let me know how much it is, and if you need anything else besides weights, that would be great! Thank you!

Replies

• PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing P90X and I love it. Highly recommend. Although it is super hard (your hub sounds like he is in better shape than when i started :))

You will need yoga mat, free weights and a pull up bar (or resistant bands).

It is the only DVD program I have tried. I have gained a lot of strength and real awesome!
  • Vanisle
    Vanisle Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Love Insanity , It is a lot of plypmetrics and burns off calories fast . Also like p90x but I would rather do my strength training at the gym
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Insanity is more of a cardio and bodyweight workout. Better for leaning up and getting ripped.

P90x is more of a weight program, although there's a good measure of cardio in there to strip fat down.

P90x also requires more extra equipment. Weights or bands, pullup bar or bands, plus a few peripharies like yoga mat/blocks and pushup bars to get the best out of it. Whereas insanity requires nothing but the dvd's

P90x is more time intensive - 90 days vs 60 for insanity. 60 to 90 minutes a day vs about 45 for insanity.

I guess the question is does he want to bulk up (p90x) or lean down (insanity)?

Hope that helps.

Jay
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    P90X is a fantastic program, I'm on week 4 right now and loving almost all of it.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I really don't know how people are doing P90X. I'm still on Power 90 :laugh: , and the workouts are definitely working for me.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Insanity is more of a cardio and bodyweight workout. Better for leaning up and getting ripped.

P90x is more of a weight program, although there's a good measure of cardio in there to strip fat down.

P90x also requires more extra equipment. Weights or bands, pullup bar or bands, plus a few peripharies like yoga mat/blocks and pushup bars to get the best out of it. Whereas insanity requires nothing but the dvd's

P90x is more time intensive - 90 days vs 60 for insanity. 60 to 90 minutes a day vs about 45 for insanity.

I guess the question is does he want to bulk up (p90x) or lean down (insanity)?

Hope that helps.

Jay

^^this! And I think Insanity is a lot more intense, cardio wise!