just started on the site, but disappointed about...

Options
The weight training log. You can burn a lot of calories weight training but all this tracks is cardio. I like everything else about the site, but I wish they would fix this. When you input cardio categories, such as, running... the site gives you an option for 6mph, 6.7mph, etc... then asks you for how long you did it and it calculates the calories. Well, when you input, for example, bench press, it should ask, light, heavy, or moderate intensity, etc... then input how long you worked out, accounting for rest period intervals and it should calculate how many calories you burned... Additionally, after rigorous strength training, your body keeps burning calories for hours after you're done. This should be taken into consideration. Anyway, here I am... I've lost 20 lbs and have about 20-25 lbs more to go. Good luck to everyone. Eat at least 5 or 6 meals/day before 7pm. Work out like you mean it... if you're on the treadmill on a leisurely walk, you're not burning enough. Sweat. Feel a little pain, but don't over do it and you'll see results. Don't make excuses. The world population is getting fatter every day. Don't give up. It's never too late. You are worth the effort. Do it for your health. Improve your presentation. Stay motivated, dedicated, but never complicated. Hope that helps.

Replies

• BubiBBubillion
    Options
    The weight training log. You can burn a lot of calories weight training but all this tracks is cardio. I like everything else about the site, but I wish they would fix this. When you input cardio categories, such as, running... the site gives you an option for 6mph, 6.7mph, etc... then asks you for how long you did it and it calculates the calories. Well, when you input, for example, bench press, it should ask, light, heavy, or moderate intensity, etc... then input how long you worked out, accounting for rest period intervals and it should calculate how many calories you burned... Additionally, after rigorous strength training, your body keeps burning calories for hours after you're done. This should be taken into consideration. Anyway, here I am... I've lost 20 lbs and have about 20-25 lbs more to go. Good luck to everyone. Eat at least 5 or 6 meals/day before 7pm. Work out like you mean it... if you're on the treadmill on a leisurely walk, you're not burning enough. Sweat. Feel a little pain, but don't over do it and you'll see results. Don't make excuses. The world population is getting fatter every day. Don't give up. It's never too late. You are worth the effort. Do it for your health. Improve your presentation. Stay motivated, dedicated, but never complicated. Hope that helps.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Enter Circuit Training under cardio and it will calculate it for you. It may not be as detailed as you like but it's something.

Also, if you have a HRM you can create a new exercise and put in your numbers. :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

hey first off welcome to mfp! :) What you could do is paste what you just shared over on the suggestion section on here so Mike has a better chance of seeing your request/post.:happy:

Glad you're here:drinker:

FC:heart:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    The weight training log is for loging your reps and such. you can add a cardio exercise called what ever you like (for instance I have one I just call weight training). And it will track the same as any other cardio activity. I like it better that they are separate, because there are plenty of weight training things (like maxing out and working to failure) that don't have high immediate calorie burns but burn a lot over a longer period, which would make it very difficult to track without a separate cardio entry.

-hope this helps.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Isn't it true that the calories burned in weight training vary WILDLY person to person no matter what you weigh because of the differences in muscle mass? I could be way off, but that's my understanding. But ya, you can create your own exercise category and input amount burned from you HRM or an estimate by another site.
  • amycakes812
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I put in my weight training under cardio as circuit training. I use a HRM so I have an accurate count of calories burned for this. Don't let that discourage your use of this site! It is a wonderful source of information and support!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site, it is so awesome. I love this site so much, it is so supportive, helpful, and motivational. I just wanted to wish you great luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.
  • BubiBBubillion
    Options
    yeah, the circuit training is not that accurate, but at least it accounts for something... good enough for me. Thanks.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    yeah, the circuit training is not that accurate, but at least it accounts for something... good enough for me. Thanks.

you can change it to what ever yours is. just put your cursor in the text box and change it. :happy:
  • BubiBBubillion
    Options
    sweet. thanks!
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    sgaldo :- I loved your inspirational post. Thanks for all the good words. Kept me real motivated.