Will it be true that...

Options
So today I had to stand for almost 6 hours in front of a counter (working) and tried to find a name to post it as activity/exercise... Only found standing/fishing. The weird thing is that apparently you can burn 1000 calories just by standing up?!?
Do you think that is possible? Is MFP saying the truth?

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I recommend tha tyou not log it as exercise, bu tthat you set your activity level to "light" or "moderate" rather than sedentary.
  • Doubt it! Wear a HRM, then you will know.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    while fishing you are casting and reeling in, it's a little different, maybe just put in for half or 1/4 of the time spent. It's better to be safe than sorry, especially if you eat back your exercise calories.
  • bellawares
    bellawares Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    MFP's calorie counts are very inflated. Strictly my opinion of course. :wink: If you really want to know how many calories you burned while standing all day (and you do burn calories) I would strongly suggest investing in a HRM. If this is what you do for a job then I would set your profile accordingly and not add this as exercise. Again just my opinion . . .
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    That sort of thing is part of your normal daily activities. If you count it as exercise you're counting it twice.
  • ronny23
    Options
    You might be right...sad but true..
    Thanks for the tip:)