8 months and 90+ pounds later.....

Options
Well today is my 8 months using MFP. It has been a fabalous tool for my weight loss, and lifestyle transformation. I have learned a LOT, and have met some really great people. I went from 246.2 to high 140's low 150's it varies. I am now in a "normal" BMI range and feel great. I've been the wife and mother I've needed to be! I'll be going shopping with a friend this week, and I am actually looking forward to it. Next summer Im going to the beach and looking fowarded to it! I haven't felt like this ever.. I've always been heavy/chunky and the "fat friend".

Now I am maintaining and turning my focus back to my little charges and my husband. He recently joined MFP and is doing great!
WE need to set the example for our children, and be good role models.

Things that have changed in the last 8 months:

My kids can wrap their little arms around me! That in itself makes everything SOO worth it :)
I've gone from a size 18/20 to a 7/8
My ring size went from a TIGHT 7 to a lose 6
I lost a shoe size from a 10 to a 9
I like clothes shopping(used to HATE it)
My food choices have gone from processed junk to healthy and full of good nutrients
Water has become my friend! :)

Most importantly: I have become the woman I need to be for not only me, but my family! I hope to have inspired others to keep on movin! Good luck to everyone...

There are before and after pics on my profile

Replies

• GINAvsGINA
    GINAvsGINA Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story, it is very inspiring. I hope to be sharing a similar story myself 8 months or so. By the way you look great!
  • kristarablue
    Options
    You amaze me...wow..amazing progress, you give me hope..lots of it
  • Natalie511
    Natalie511 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Wow you are an inspiration....congratulations and great job...
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    U are such an inspiration! I didn't realize our start weights were so close! I was 247.8. Thank u for being such a great success story!!!
  • _tiifyjo_
    _tiifyjo_ Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    You are my hero! I was proud of myself for losing 25 pounds in 10 months lol. I definitely want to work harder and be more focused now.
  • RdOvt
    RdOvt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing! You are inspirational and remind us of all the good and positive reasons we should take care of ourselves!
  • Persevere230
    Persevere230 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You go girl!!!!!
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    You are fantastic Beth!
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    That's great and I'm proud to call you a friend! I hope you do something about the ring now that it's loose - don't want to lose it!

Cheers!
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    That's great and I'm proud to call you a friend! I hope you do something about the ring now that it's loose - don't want to lose it!

Cheers!

Ring is taken care of...Hubby' got me a new one! :)
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration and I am in awe of your nutritious food choices everyday..... You are one hell of a role model!!!! I can't wait to hear about hot momma's trip to the beach:)