Gained over 8lbs in 3 days?

Options
The last I weighed myself was a few days ago. I weighed 108.5ish. Those past couple of nights I have been eating too much. I think I have eaten about an extra 1000 calories a day. And don't even let me get started on the drinking! Tonight when I weighed myself I weighed 117lbs.
Anyways, I was wondering... have I already gained fat all over my body? 8lbs of it? I took me forever to lose the 8lbs I practically gained over night! I weighed 117 yesterday though so it isn't going down at all... If I start eating regularly again will I go back to my original weight?

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    No you did not gain 8 pounds.. It takes 3500 calories to gain a pound of fat, and you only at an extra 1000.

It's all water weight. Drink extra water, watch the sodium and give it a week.. you'll be back to normal in no time.
  • lukasmac
    lukasmac Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    impossible

either a scale error or you need to poo big time

trust me, youll be fine
  • beauand1
    Options
    A lot of the weight could be from sodium intake and water retention. Was the food salty? If you eat a lot of salty or spice-laden foods you can gain weight fast but it is only water weight, which should come off again faster provided you cut back to normal sodium levels.

I doubt very much it's straight fat. You'd have to eat 28000 extra cals to gain 8 pounds of pure fat. I'm not sure anyone could eat that much food in 3 days. I wouldn't worry. :)
  • BodybyPlants
    BodybyPlants Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I would guess with that extra food comes extra sodium which equals water weight! I would guess you gained 1/3 to a 1/2 of that weight! But not the whole 8 pounds! Dont sweat it or beat yourself up, just get back on track and you will be fine! =)
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    impossible

trust me, youll be fine

lol go poop. :laugh:

If you kinda binged out the last few days and you drank you're bloated. Junk food has LOTS of salt. Kick up your water intake, watch how much salt you're eating, go poo and get a few good sweats in and you'll be fine.

Might take a week but you'll get back there.:drinker:
  • cshelgol1
    cshelgol1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You need to take into consideration when you weighed yourself. You should always weigh yourself at the same time everytime you weigh in. Preferrably in the morning before you eat or drink anything. Menustration or the onset of menustration also causes your weight to be higher than usual. It is almost impossible for you to have gained 8lbs in a couple of days. Check your scale, it may be a little off, and try to weigh in on the same scale. You'll be fine. Good Luck!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Definitely not! It takes 3500 to equal 1 lb! The last few weeks I've gone off a bit and my scale would say I gained up to 3-4 lbs...within a few days of being back on track and lots of water, I was down to my normal. It's most likely just bloating and water. :)
  • kiminita
    kiminita Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I gained like 6-7 lbs around my period. That could definitely be it.
  • yosenitza
    Options
    Either thats a scale error, or maybe you need to be seen by a physician. Weight gain that fast is not normal (speaking from my nursing judgement). That could be a kidney or cardiac issue. I would get checked out if you think the scale is right.
  • RisyaLifsheTova
    RisyaLifsheTova Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Deffintly water gain! Youll be fine by the end of the week.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    impossible

trust me, youll be fine

^^This

Alcohol is a *kitten* isnt it?!
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Some of it may be water weight/retention, some of it may be from the extra calories in drinking. Exercise, drink lots of fluids, youll get back where you want to be
  • kiminita
    kiminita Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine works as a medical assistant, so I ask her things like...why did I gain so much weight in so little time. The doctor she works for said that you tend to retain more water around the time of your period, and that it should go back down. Again, I gained like 6-7 lbs in like 2 wks. After my period, I went back down. It freaked me the hell out at first! But yea, our bodies fluctuate..This is just my experience, but it seems to be common among women I know. Of course, it's always best to talk to someone you trust with your health and who knows you
  • caseyp1122
    caseyp1122 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Let's also keep in mind that a person's weight fluctuates up or down somewhere around 5 pounds a day depending on the time of day. The most accurate time to weigh yourself is in the morning the moment you awake. Now if you do this once a week for 3 weeks and you still see the same number on the scale then you can definitively say you have gained 8 pounds but like others say it's highly unlikely.