weird day..HELP!

Options
For some reason today i have been sooooo hungry and just want to keep snacking on everything!....normally i almost or have a lot of trouble getting in my calories for the day....but NOT today im almost completely over my excercise calories:sad: ....I dont know if it is my will power giving up because im not seeing results or what.....i started doing pilates on mwf for 30 min this week in addition to my normal work out routine which is the elliptical or staiclimber 5 days a week between 45 and 60 min and then zumba for 60 min 4 days a week.....and i have been eating my 1200 calories but havent been seeing results....normally if i go over my 1200 i go to 1561.

I know everyone says to eat your excercise calories but if im not hungry.....why should i have to eat extra calories (on the days that i dont feel like i want to continuously snack :ohwell: ) I dont know i think im just getting frustrated :grumble:

Replies

• afoster4
    Options
    For some reason today i have been sooooo hungry and just want to keep snacking on everything!....normally i almost or have a lot of trouble getting in my calories for the day....but NOT today im almost completely over my excercise calories:sad: ....I dont know if it is my will power giving up because im not seeing results or what.....i started doing pilates on mwf for 30 min this week in addition to my normal work out routine which is the elliptical or staiclimber 5 days a week between 45 and 60 min and then zumba for 60 min 4 days a week.....and i have been eating my 1200 calories but havent been seeing results....normally if i go over my 1200 i go to 1561.

I know everyone says to eat your excercise calories but if im not hungry.....why should i have to eat extra calories (on the days that i dont feel like i want to continuously snack :ohwell: ) I dont know i think im just getting frustrated :grumble:
  • dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: Make sure your drinking that water because you may be more thirsty than hungry. Try drinking some warm tea. Sometimes that curbs your appitite a little. Why eat your exercise calories? Because your body will go into the starvation mode and store more fat from the food you are eating. Your body burns your exersize calories and needs the nutrition. :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • afoster4
    Options
    i have 2 1/2 - 3 32 oz water bottles a day...i always feel like im floating lol....

so eat all of my excercise calories always like ALL the time?? what if im a little shy, do you think that is why i havent been seeing any results???
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist said that you don't have to eat ALL of the exercise calories IF you are not hungry, but you should eat at least half.

Drink water, eat an apple. :smile:
  • Julie837
    Options
    Hi, I'm having the same trouble, eating 1200 a day and working out 90 minutes or more a day, including strength training, and getting nowhere, weight wise. I also don't want to eat my excercise calories unless I'm dying. I did some research, (mostly the Mayo clinic) and you're not at a plateau unless it's been a few months with no weight loss, so a few slow pounds doesn't count as a plateau. They did a study with overweight policemen, and to make a long story short, they lost more body fat when they did strength training when they added creatine to their ( already low calorie) diets, as opposed to whey protein, or no proteins in particular. They did not suggest that they lost weight faster, so it beats me who out there is strength training AND losing weight, but if you add creatine, at least you will look slimmer, faster. Hope this helps, Julie
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Uh-Oh I call this the "sabotage bunnies" I fight them off with jello, frozen fruit juice or applesauce and of course gum chewing.
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Tea has worked well for me. I really don't care for it that much, but it's something flavored that I can put in my tummy to distract me from eating things I shouldn't.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    If you have not been eating any of your exercise calories, you have been starving your body and it is revolting. It is making you eat because it thinks you are dying from starvation so it is doing anything it can to make you eat. That's why severe calorie restriction doesn't work. Your body will eventually rebel and tell your brain to do whatever it can to make you eat and keep it from starving.
    Amy

118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • weesel80
    weesel80 Posts: 186
    Options
    With all the exercise you are doing, it sounds like you may be not getting enough calories. Try going up from a daily intake of 1200, just 50-100 calories more a day and see if the scale starts moving.

Good luck!!

109912.png
  • akb2006
    akb2006 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'd aim for a minumum of 1400 calories at LEAST w/ you working out that much if not 1600 calories. You'll notice a huge shift in the scale if you do!