Any and All Help & Support is GREAT

Options
:explode: Everyday I feel like I am a ticking time bomb waiting to explode and I'm going to go into the kitchen and just start to pig out!

I'm new to myfitnesspal.com, but I love the fact that it doesn't give you daily meals to eat. I have a hard time sticking to those sites because though I love the suggestions, the chances of me eating exactly what they say is honestly slim to none.

So here it goes. One year ago I was 20 pounds lighter and it kills me every time I get a pair of jeans down to try on and they still don't fit me. I run 5 miles 2-3 times a week, and though lately my shins are killing me, I still push on. I want to lose this weight again. In fact my goal is to lose 27 pounds.

I am currently at 167 and would like to get down to 140.
I haven't been at that weight for probably 6 years.

Anyway, so best of luck to you and I hope to meet some people on here who can give me some great advice and suggestions and any suggestions I can help you with I will do so! :) Have a great day!!!

Replies

• melissa2ca
    melissa2ca Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    :explode: Everyday I feel like I am a ticking time bomb waiting to explode and I'm going to go into the kitchen and just start to pig out!

I'm new to myfitnesspal.com, but I love the fact that it doesn't give you daily meals to eat. I have a hard time sticking to those sites because though I love the suggestions, the chances of me eating exactly what they say is honestly slim to none.

So here it goes. One year ago I was 20 pounds lighter and it kills me every time I get a pair of jeans down to try on and they still don't fit me. I run 5 miles 2-3 times a week, and though lately my shins are killing me, I still push on. I want to lose this weight again. In fact my goal is to lose 27 pounds.

I am currently at 167 and would like to get down to 140.
    I haven't been at that weight for probably 6 years.

Anyway, so best of luck to you and I hope to meet some people on here who can give me some great advice and suggestions and any suggestions I can help you with I will do so! :) Have a great day!!!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome and if you set your mind to it, you can do it:flowerforyou:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Greetings Melissa2ca...I think you'll find this site most helpful...I have twice as much to loose as you do...you're smart to get started before it gets out of hand.

Teammate,
    Fat Dancer
  • csydow
    csydow Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi and Welcome! It's so great that you run that often - not much of an exercise person myself. I like to eat as well, and find myself walking to the kitchen between meals. I am a SAHM of a 2 yr. old so i am home all day. I think I eat out boredom sometimes.

I wish you this best of luck!
    -Christy
  • reluctantdaughter
    Options
    I think it is great that you are on here and willing to find help for yourself. There are many different things that you can try and the simple fact that you are running is awesome in my little opinion. There are many different people who are able to do that.
    I would probably tell you about the food diary. That is one of the main things that is helping me out today. I know I have to show what I am eating and then I don't eat as much. Also, how much water do you drink? Just a thought. Good luck to you. :smile:
  • bigjug1967
    Options
    U can do it lol
  • melissa2ca
    melissa2ca Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow! People weren't kidding about support you can get on these websites. It's so helpful to know that I am not alone.

In all honesty, I feel like I have gotten to the point that it's out of control. I know it could be ALOT worse, but knowing i dropped down to 150 and within 4 months gained it all back, and then some is very disappointing.

I started the food diary today. Little to my surprise, after lunch today, I only have "room" for 240 more calories for dinner. Maybe I'm entering things wrong, I'll go back and double check... but my breakfast was 500 calories. I didn't know there was so many calories in reduced fat peanut butter! OMG!!!

Anyway, I look forward to this journey. I have a huge work even on February 11 and I'd LOVE to get down to 160 before then. I haven't weighed my self since last Sunday and since then I've probably done a total of 8 hours of intense cardio (running, biking, elliptical) along with 2 hours of weights. So, when I weight myself on this Sunday, I'll be interested on what I find. :)

Thanks again for the support and messages!
    :wink: