5 week weight loss

Options
When you finish a food diary entry for the day MPF tells you you will weigh so much after 5 weeks. Now this 5 weeks does it start when you first started logging in food in MFP

Replies

• inspirem
    inspirem Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I believe it is 5 weeks from the current day you log! Therefore it varies day after day according to what you have eaten and how much you've exercise.
  • summalovaable
    summalovaable Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Its probably not something you want to follow too strictly. But it does say "if every day were like to day, you'd weight __ in 5 weeks" So its just if you consistently ate that amount. And its based on one day, not cumulative of when you started. As some of us have been using this application for years rather than just weeks :)
  • summalovaable
    summalovaable Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    sorry, double post
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    it means 5 weeks from that very day. but only if you ate exactly the same thing every day and the exact same amount of water, exercise, etc.

several weeks ago, I started tracking it, in the comment section. i can go back and see if i am anywhere close. now and then, I scroll forward in the diaries and post it in the comments, like "hey, have you lost ____ yet?" just for fun. the numbers are all over the place though, and it really can't be accurate because i don't eat the exact same things every day.
  • lookitscaitlin
    Options
    I suppose it's a guide or motivation.. for me it's motivation, I won't follow it strictly but I think "wow, If i can exercise and eat well like this for the next five weeks, I can get down to something like that" so yeah don't follow it too closely and it does start from that day you log into your diary.
  • Hollie_downunder
    Options
    I agree with the above, i would only use for motivation as well

i'm not sure how accurate it is.. as i've never been able to achieve the same as what it says you will weigh in 5 wks
    And everyone loses/gains at a different rate

I find it helpful when i think i've had a really bad day, and then it tells me if everyday were like today you would have still actually lost a little, that helps :)