Beer...

Options
Being in college, partying is an obvious factor. And the biggest contributor to my expanded waistline. I will admit, I enjoy drinking with my friends. Besides cutting down the number of drinks (which I have started doing).. what are some ways I can still go out without breaching the diet rules?

PS I know it's really bad for you but I don't do it on a daily basis.

Replies

• 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    if it's mixed drinks, try them with diet pop. if it's beer, there are a few low cal/carb varieties. miller 67 or something?? I was out last night and had vodka and sprite zero. 56 calories each drink, not too bad.
  • amiabbott
    amiabbott Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Vodka & tonic
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    mixed drinks with lower sugar and water the best bet
  • 2dogzrule
    2dogzrule Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Wine, or my personal favorite (besides wine, lol) is vodka with seltzer. 1 shot of most vodkas is 60-80 calories and seltzer has nothing in it!
  • Kelblue1
    Kelblue1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    If it's beer try Micholob Ultra. It's 95 calories a bottle! I like it. I am a huge Medelo especial fan but it's got like 290 calories per bottle so I had to switch.
  • Brooke1542
    Brooke1542 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I drink Vodka/Water to keep it as low cal as possible and somewhat "hydrate" while drinking. Plus I seem to be less hungover when I drink vodka.

Also, if you know you are going to be going out, exercise before and that way you'll have some extra calories to spare.
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    watch the food that you eat when you are "feeling good" and i don't know about you but i am always starving the next day....
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    mmmmmm beer....
  • hannahbellelechter
    Options
    Hahhaaa I definitely know about that "feeling good" sensation and totally sabotaging all your hard work!
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I drink vodka and sprite zero, or vodka in water with a crystal light. And I dance a lot when I go out with my friends - so I'm burning calories that way, too!
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Vodka tonics for me, too. I typically have just one, then switch to water with lime. No one knows the difference.
  • jgoff3003
    jgoff3003 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I always have vodka with fresh lime with either soda water or still water...nom nom nom
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i drink whatever i want, and i usually make sure to work out that day, but something else too. i always eat a lot that day, sometimes to about maintenance calories. because i'm usually at a calorie deficet, my body doesn't have enough food to "absorb" the alcohol. i know thats not how it works, but i definetly don't pass out or get too drunk too quick when i do this. one day i had worked out, ate with the idea of eating to leave room for booze, and it back fired. got too drunk too quick. also, helps avoid those 3am pizza cravings!!!

as i'm writing this, mark sanchez just walked one in for a touch down. J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS! JETS!