Weight loss because:

2»

Replies

• wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Most importantly to be healthy!

But a few others would be:

*To not have to ever see 200+ pounds on a scale (the way I was headed I'd prolly be ther in my late 20s)

*Show my freinds, family, etc. that is CAN be done; no matter what it can be done!

*to feel better about my body, not having to huff and puff when i walk a simple distance. I wanna be able to comfotable jog 3 miles once im done (im well on my way:bigsmile: )
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Losing weight won't help any of this, you know. No matter how many pounds you lose, you'll never truly love yourself. kendf60 has a good goal.

wow, way to be motivational...

I have fallen in and out of love with myself many times and I know that reaching goals, dreams and what-not will help you. Sometimes weight-loss achieve those goals. Like a goal of mine is the hike the grand canyon again, but this time be able to do it without turning purple. I don't know how loving myself will help me do that. But I know I will love myself more when I finally do it and reach that goal in my life.

I do agree that one needs to love themselves no matter what. But like I said, little goals do help. It is hard to love yourself until you can love yourself, if that is clear at all. It probably isn't but I don't know how to word it LOL
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Losing weight won't help any of this, you know. No matter how many pounds you lose, you'll never truly love yourself. kendf60 has a good goal.

You are so right! I am a witness of this. Before I would try and try losing weight, but would never get far. One day I finally figured out why; I didn't love myself, truely love myself the way I knew I could. I just chose to put myself down constantly because I was used to that. I encourage everyone to work on your self esteem/confidence in yourself. Notice how you treat yourself. Work on that first and I can guarantee that loosing weight will become the most humbling and joyous journeys you'll ever walk through. Simply because you love YOURSELF!
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member

I love myself everyday:wink:
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member

wow, way to be motivational...

seriously....
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member

I love myself everyday:wink:

LOL!
  • fbnngrss
    fbnngrss Posts: 12 Member
    Be able to cross my legs
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    To make my old friends' jaws drop at my next school reunion

OMG I am glad I am not the only one that feels about this! I was like "I want to make those guys look at what they missed" LOL
  • lelaspeaks
    lelaspeaks Posts: 163 Member
    I like water parks... and bikinis.

I want to live and be active forever.

I want to look awesome for my amazing husband.

I want to be a ridiculously good yogi; extra weight doesn't help.
  • Careygirl1968
    Careygirl1968 Posts: 58 Member
    Great stuff all!

To wear sweats and look fit, not lazy
    To have great numbers at my doctor visits
    To wear a ponytail and not wonder how fat my face looks
  • I want to lose the 55 lbs I gained since meeting my amazing husband. Our two year wedding anniversary is tomorrow and I am going to feel great. Also...
    *I love how confident I use to be.
    *I want to be healthy and feel great.
    *I am becoming a health wellness coordinator in the near future.
    *I want to set an example for my family.
  • swtgrl42
    swtgrl42 Posts: 100 Member
    to run a marathon
    to not constantly think about how I look
    to buy size medium clothes
    to feel proud of myself
    to accomplish the one think that I have not been able to do so far
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    To have more HEALTHY years with my family
    To stop being reminded of my fertility struggles every time I look in the mirror
    To feel confident again
    To be a good example to my kids
    Because there is nothing more intimidating than a six foot tall chick, with a PhD, who can kick your *kitten*!
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    So that I can be healthier.
  • mmoonstars
    mmoonstars Posts: 103 Member
    so shopping is fun and not a chore
    so I can get those check her out looks when I walk down the street
    so I can try rocking a two piece swim suit for once in my life