What unexpected Pleasant Surprises have you experienced?

Options
So often good things happen that we least expect. Tell me about any weight loss pleasant surprises you have experienced.

To read about mine check out this blog:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Liliswen/view/what-a-pleasant-surprise-169104

Replies

• mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I went from a 48DD to a 44D bra!
  • acuratlsd
    Options
    I speak for all men and say your loosing it in the wrong area.... LOL
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I was pleasantly surprised when I did my weigh in this week. I was sick for several days before the previous weigh in so wasn't surprised when I lost 4 pounds. After I got my appetite back and was able to eat normally again, I really expected to maybe stay the same on my next weigh in, but I got on the scale this morning and was down another two pounds!
  • allaboutaleah
    Options
    my 1st round at weight lose about 3 yrs ago, I got prego. They say all you have to do is drop 10% of your body weight and you increase your fertility. well it's true. I wasn't suppose 2 be able to even have kids. Now I have a 2 yr old son
  • mistresseeyore
    Options
    I speak for all men and say your loosing it in the wrong area.... LOL

Actually, the girls are the same size, a 44D is the same size as a 42DD. I know this cause I worked at a bra factory for a while. Hubby has no complaints about the girls. We did measure my chest and I have lost 6 inches off the width of it!
  • mistresseeyore
    Options
    my 1st round at weight lose about 3 yrs ago, I got prego. They say all you have to do is drop 10% of your body weight and you increase your fertility. well it's true. I wasn't suppose 2 be able to even have kids. Now I have a 2 yr old son

Same thing here. I started a diet in March of 2009, got pregnant in April, had my son at the end of December 2009, and now am trying to lose again so I can have a healthy pregnancy next time I get blessed.
  • allaboutaleah
    Options

Same thing here. I started a diet in March of 2009, got pregnant in April, had my son at the end of December 2009, and now am trying to lose again so I can have a healthy pregnancy next time I get blessed.

I know, my 1st preg was high risk bcuz of my B/P, i hope that my nxt time around, I dnt have the same problem
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    When I started losing weight, I was using the very last hole in my belt. I'm currently using the second-to-last (yeay!!) and the other day I used the restroom quickly and hurried out of the bathroom. My belt felt like it was pressing into my hip bones a little hard, so I looked down and realized I had used the third belt hole!! Woo hoo!! Not comfy enough to wear like that all the time, but getting close!!!!
  • Liliswen
    Options
    I got within 5 lbs of my goal weight two different times. One is 18 and the other is 16 years old.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Pleasant surprises? I can tell my girl is much more physically attracted to me, which I expected, but Im loving it
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I've been telling everyone that I've lost. So didn't get a lot of 'have you lost weight?' Last week one of the mums at sport asked me and the chick at the petrol station!

I was also told by the women at the gym that one unexpected side effect is I'm no longer so rosy cheeked. I thought I had rosesca they were that red. Nope just fat! (of course since I'm playing so much sport it's all brown now!)
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I've been telling everyone that I've lost. So didn't get a lot of 'have you lost weight?' Last week one of the mums at sport asked me and the chick at the petrol station!

I was also told by the women at the gym that one unexpected side effect is I'm no longer so rosy cheeked. I thought I had rosesca they were that red. Nope just fat! (of course since I'm playing so much sport it's all brown now!)
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I ran just over 4km in 30minutes the other day...now need to up my pace a bit to get to 5km! :D
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I had a waitress at a restaurant call me a skinny girl this summer. I felt like looking to see if there was a skinny girl behind me. It takes a while for the brain to catch up with the body. I see what I look like in the mirror but on the inside a lot of times I still feel like I did 20-30lbs ago.
  • Liliswen
    Options
    These are great! Thanks for sharing them!
  • Liliswen
    Options
    I had a waitress at a restaurant call me a skinny girl this summer. I felt like looking to see if there was a skinny girl behind me. It takes a while for the brain to catch up with the body. I see what I look like in the mirror but on the inside a lot of times I still feel like I did 20-30lbs ago.

I know exactly how you feel. It's really hard getting the brain in sync with the outside physical appearance. I still sometimes feel like the overweight teenager who had zero self confidence.
  • mistresseeyore
    Options

I know, my 1st preg was high risk bcuz of my B/P, i hope that my nxt time around, I dnt have the same problem

I have PCOS, and being pregnant with Alex was scary. If I ever have another I want to be healthier for it. I lost 25 pounds while I was pregnant with him, then gained it all back! So, that is one of my biggest motivators. Also another one is to be able to chase my son around at the park. So, it all is worth it.
  • Angelbinick21
    Angelbinick21 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I used to avoid those white plastic outdoor chairs - know the ones I'm talking about? They have the arm rests that that used to cut into my legs, and the whole chair would wobble when I sat down. Well, this weekend I sat comfortably in one for an hour. There was room to spare, even with my winter coat on!!
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    For me, the best one was when my brother told a cousin that the first time he saw me after I had lost quite a bit of weight, he didn't recognize me. :wink:
    I also had a friend who turned me around (when I said I had walked my butt off), lean up to me and whisper, "Literally." LOL
    Kaye
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    couple fringe benefits :

i feel younger in my 30s than i did in my 20s

i can wear colors other than black and don't have to buy clothes specifically designed to make me look thinner.

back doesn't hurt when i do the dishes

i can exercise and be active for a lot longer.