Replies

• Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Golden Corral!:huh:
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Go drink lots of water, take a deep breath and start fresh tomorrow. And stay away from the Golden Corral! :laugh:
  • Mattysmomma
    Options
    Mine was chocolate chip cookie!
  • PinkJewels
    Options
    Now I don't feel so bad...day 1 and I had to sneak in 3 mini churros! Argh!:blushing:
  • Losing_It
    Options
    Well, I added EVERYTHING I ate and it was around 2000 calories! Lesson learned! HOPEFULLY!:laugh:
  • trish01
    trish01 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    mcdonalds chicken nuggets...i didn't eat enough at lunch
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Oh, do you know what we call that at my house? (Even the kids!)

The Gates of Hell.

:devil:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Me too!

Skyline Chili

( the sodium for one normal sized meal was over 3800 grams!!:noway: )
  • rosered51
    Options
    Golden Coral cured me of that forever...I got such severe food poisoning :sick: from them one time, and I called (just to let the manager know not ask for anything) and was told there was NO WAY I got sick from them and I would have to file a claim with their health service dept or some such:grumble: ...I was so offended...told the guy I didn't want anything just to let them know...what a DORK!:explode:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Golden Coral cured me of that forever...I got such severe food poisoning :sick: from them one time, and I called (just to let the manager know not ask for anything) and was told there was NO WAY I got sick from them and I would have to file a claim with their health service dept or some such:grumble: ...I was so offended...told the guy I didn't want anything just to let them know...what a DORK!:explode:

That is how I was cured of fast foods. I was driving from philly to boston and stopped to use the facilites at McDs. I thought, WTH I will eat a cheeseburger...and might as well have fries and filet o fish. I threw up all night! I think I had motion sickness...........but that was in August and I have not even THOUGHT about a fast food burger since!!:laugh: :laugh:
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Golden Coral? What is that? It must be American?
  • Clint
    Clint Posts: 5
    Options
    2 words for me- chocolate cheesecake
    A well wishing customer brought the most beatiful chocolate cheesecake to my work. It haunted me all day until I finally gave in and had 800 calories and 57 grams of fat! It made me feel sick when I logged it tonight!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Me too Golden Correl, got me a few saturdays ago, of course my husband said lets go to dinner...if course he is skinny....lol But I ate all chicken just because some was fried does that really count...lol gotta laugh now because I already cried about it.lol
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

The Gates of Hell.

Oh yes, the devil lives in there indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • greeneggsam
    Options
    Hmmm... never been there, but there is one nearby. Buffet, right? Bad news bears as far as I am concerned.
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Golden Coral? What is that? It must be American?

All you can eat buffet, mmmmm I'm staved! Haven't eaten since 1:00 :sad: I work late on Wed don't get off till 9:00. Can't wait to get home, my hubby has a chicken taco salad that I save calories for :wink:
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    I love Golden Corral... in fact, I went there just before my last business trip. Of course, I always load up on salad and veggies and then I go for Chicken and Salmon. Now... I'm a dude and as such, I have a few more calories to take in.... and, I also will do a Brinner.... or is it Dunch.... and combine the last two meals of the day into one. If you're there before 4pm, you get lunch prices too.
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    I am from the west coast and we dont have Golden Corral but I got to have a chance this last summer to eat there. I went to SC with a friend. My husband and I have a name for places like that.....hog trough. I cant stand buffet food. It grosses me out! Yuck! I only ate there because my friends family was meeting up there.
  • Losing_It
    Options

The Gates of Hell.

I'm convinced the devil prepared the rolls and lemon cake himself!:devil:
  • borac
    borac Posts: 174
    Options
    Hmmm... never been there, but there is one nearby. Buffet, right? Bad news bears as far as I am concerned.

Actually I'm not affraid of that buffet- i go maybe once a month- or every other month with the family to a buffet and i'm very capabele of eating a healthy variety.. Just b/c they have " all the bad stuff " doesn't mean i have to have it on my plate. They have a nice choice of fish filets, fresh veggies, steamed veggies, fresh fruits, - etc.. you can manage to eat at this kind of buffet - way better than at a mc d.'s or some other " hell " .. I don't eat at the fast food places - ever ! ..

And one thing that did catch my eye on this topic is " my diet " - maybe you need to re-thing your goals etc.. you shouldn't be in the " diet- mind set " .. you need to start ( if you are not allready ) healthy changes/habits for life , a " diet " .. is a temporary thing.. i just banished that word from my dictionary.. have huge arguments with the ppl who try to convince me that i'm on a " diet " " are you stil on your diet " dmnt i'm not on a diet ! Diet's are " 2-3 weeks " a month.. i have been doing this changes now ( next month 3 years _) name me one " diet " you can stick to for that amount of time !

We should not allow ourselves to think that way - diet- is a " depriving " word.. we are learning and practicing a new healthy lifestyle .. :flowerforyou:

Learn the lesson from this mistake, - why did you do it ? what made you do it ? what will you do in the future to prevent mistakes like this ? what could have helped you to avoid it ? etc.. don't let this mistake go without a lesson - use it for future reference.. and move on.