Juicers

Options
t_rog
t_rog Posts: 363 Member
I'm considering getting a juicer (after watching Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead haha), but I have no idea what is/isn't good. I'm wondering if anyone has one and which one it is! Is it good? What's the price range for a decent juicer?

Replies

• sassycissy
    sassycissy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good question! I watched it this weekend and loved it. Buying juices gets $$$ so I think it is time to invest. Let me know what you find. Good luck with the juices!

Aloha, Cicily
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    lol was expecting steroids xD
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options

This ^
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I like my Jack LaLanne Powerjuicer Pro.
  • californiansun
    californiansun Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    The Jack Lalanne ones are not that good. After watching the documentary, the guy started a websites called http://jointhereboot.com/, it's very helpful and has juicers on there!
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    He likes the Breville juicers. I have not used one, but back when I was researching them before buying, they weren't reviewed that favorably. But that was years ago and they have several models to choose from now.
    My Jack LaLanne works great and has a lifetime warranty on the motor, so I haven't found fault with it, but to be fair I haven't used any others. All I know is that it works, and all juicers pretty much work the same way so as long as it's reliable and makes juice, you're probably good to go.
  • californiansun
    californiansun Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    He likes the Breville juicers. I have not used one, but back when I was researching them before buying, they weren't reviewed that favorably. But that was years ago and they have several models to choose from now.
    My Jack LaLanne works great and has a lifetime warranty on the motor, so I haven't found fault with it, but to be fair I haven't used any others. All I know is that it works, and all juicers pretty much work the same way so as long as it's reliable and makes juice, you're probably good to go.

The Jack Lalanne one I used did not juice the fruits/vegetables properly, maybe it was just the model!
  • bella8282
    bella8282 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Oscar NEO is fabulous.
    this first one is the type you should get, more expensive usually but pointless using the other ..............
    The Masticating machine operates at a slower speed. It chews the fibers and breaks up the cells of vegetables and fruits. This gives you more fiber, enzymes, vitamins and trace minerals. It also is more versatile because most in addition to extracting juices, the unit homogenizes making baby foods, sauces, nut butters, banana ice creams and fruit sorbets. the slow rpm make's the juice as cold as the fruit was before juicing! leaving the vitamins and minerals fresh and not destroyed!

he Centrifugal machine first grinds the fruit and vegetables then pushes them through the strainer by spinning at a very high rpm (similar to your washing machine on the spin cycle). This method usually yields a little more volume of juice. The Omega 1000 & 4000 and Juiceman II are centrifugal machines. (Most juicers sold on the market are centrifugal). Optional citrus attachments are available for the Omega 1000 and Omega 4000 juicers that allow juicing of citrus fruits without peeling. the high rpm heats up the juice and can destroy the vitamins and nutrients!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I expected to hear about Deca, Tren, and Equipose.......................
  • timinaus
    Options
    I like my Compact brand juicer more then any of the others I've tried. It juices everything well and the best part is you can use it for more then just juicing. I use it a lot to save money on making ground meats as it comes with that attachment as well.

Hmmmm..... Speaking of ground meats. Time for a turkey burger.