Chicken Breast!

Options
Hit me up with some healthy recipes using chicken breast!
I want to make something different for dinner tomorrow night!

love you guys!

K

Replies

• austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    bump
  • allieshaw
    allieshaw Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Put chicken breast in a baking dish and top with salsa. Makes great juicy meat for salads...tacos.. burritos...or just alone.
    (You can also do this in a crock pot)

Toast a couple pieces of (preferably wheat) bread and crumble it up in small pieces. Mix with parmesan cheese salt and pepper.. Coat chicken with egg and roll in the crumbs. Bake for 30 mins at 350 degree. Absolutely delicious.
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/03/coconut-chicken-salad-with-warm-honey.html

6 (about 12 oz) chicken tenderloins
    6 tbsp shredded coconut
    1/4 cup panko crumbs
    2 tbsp crushed cornflake crumbs
    1/3 cup egg substitute or egg whites
    pinch salt
    olive oil spray

Preheat oven to 375°.

Combine coconut flakes, panko, cornflake crumbs and salt in a bowl. Put egg whites or egg beaters in another bowl.

Lightly season chicken with salt. Dip the chicken in the egg, then in the coconut crumb mixture. Place chicken on a cookie sheet lined with parchment for easy cleanup. Lightly spray with olive oil spray and bake for 30 minutes turning halfway, or until chicken is cooked through.

Enjoy! <3

coconut-oven-fried-chicken-salad-honey-mustard-vinaigrette.jpg
  • StephanieRDMS
    StephanieRDMS Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    definite bump!
  • Kyliechristie
    Options
    I like to grill it then top with a slice of lean ham and lite jarlsberg cheese then melt under the griller. So simple and tasty and great with steamed vegies.
  • Kyliechristie
    Options
    Also great if you brush some basil pesto on it then coat in cornflake crumbs and bake in the oven.
  • katherinehurleynelson
    Options
    Put chicken breast in a baking dish and top with salsa. Makes great juicy meat for salads...tacos.. burritos...or just alone.
    (You can also do this in a crock pot)

Toast a couple pieces of (preferably wheat) bread and crumble it up in small pieces. Mix with parmesan cheese salt and pepper.. Coat chicken with egg and roll in the crumbs. Bake for 30 mins at 350 degree. Absolutely delicious.

uh.... YUMMY!!

you rock! thanks so much!
    I think my fiance and I will most certainly try the second one! It made my mouth water just by reading it!
    I am also a huge salsa eater!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Cut chicken breasts into cubes
    Saute 1/2 onion (chopped). Add chopped tomato, cubanelle or green bell pepper, red bell pepper. Saute all veggies
    turn heat down. add a tablespoon-2tbsp paprika, plus salt and pepper
    Add some water
    Add chicken breast cubes
    Bring to boil for 5 minutes
    Lower heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes
  • kp_88
    kp_88 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I make a marinade with 2 tablespoon of runny honey, juice of 2 lemons, garlic & black pepper. Put scores in the chicken breasts pour on marinade and leave for 15mins. Place in the oven (180deg) with all the marinade and bake until cooked.
  • cinder701
    Options
    BUMP
  • estrellita26
    estrellita26 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shelly511
    Options
    That sounds so good!
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    lemon feta chicken.

season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and oregano. bake in oven on 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. take out and sprinkle with feta and lemon juice. put back in oven for 5 minutes or until cheese melts a little. you can add olives if you like too.
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/03/coconut-chicken-salad-with-warm-honey.html

6 (about 12 oz) chicken tenderloins
    6 tbsp shredded coconut
    1/4 cup panko crumbs
    2 tbsp crushed cornflake crumbs
    1/3 cup egg substitute or egg whites
    pinch salt
    olive oil spray

Preheat oven to 375°.

Combine coconut flakes, panko, cornflake crumbs and salt in a bowl. Put egg whites or egg beaters in another bowl.

Lightly season chicken with salt. Dip the chicken in the egg, then in the coconut crumb mixture. Place chicken on a cookie sheet lined with parchment for easy cleanup. Lightly spray with olive oil spray and bake for 30 minutes turning halfway, or until chicken is cooked through.

Enjoy! <3

coconut-oven-fried-chicken-salad-honey-mustard-vinaigrette.jpg

this looks really good... may make this soon :)
  • reneekenhamlin
    reneekenhamlin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great ideas guys!!!! It is so easy to get in a rut!!!!
  • klothingme
    klothingme Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is a recipe my mom used to make, and I have "healthed" it up so it's more caloric friendly and heart healthy:

CHICKEN CASSEROLE

1 pound of chicken breast cut into 1" cubes
    1 16 oz bag of frozen broccoli florets
    1 can of cream of broccoli soup (can use low sodium)
    1/2 cup of low fat yogurt
    3 tbsp of curry powder
    3 tbsp olive oil
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 16 oz bag of low fat cheddar cheese

In a bowl put olive oil, 1 tbsp of curry powder, salt and pepper and chicken (turn to coat evenly) and let sit for an hour (less is fine).

When ready to start cooking chicken preheat oven to 350.

In a bowl mix soup mix, yogurt, curry powder and salt and pepper (to taste). In a large baking pan (13" x 9") pour out bag of broccoli to level on bottom of pan.

Take marinating chicken and brown on all sides (don't cook through) in batches until all is ready.

Pour chicken over broccoli in baking pan and make level.

Pour soup/yougurt mixture over chicken broccoli, then cover with a layer of cheddar cheese.

Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes until cooked through and warm and bubbly.

Serve over rice, quinoa, or other "starch" if desired, or just eat alone (it's super delish!)

Calories per serving (about 3/4 cup) is about 325 calories (without sides).

Hope you enjoy!
  • ETC80
    ETC80 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Marinate the chicken breast in Ken's Zesty Italian dressing for about an hour.

Grill.

Chop and throw on top of a vegetable salad.