A way to boost metabolism?

Options
My mom has recently changed her eating habits and has lost 16lbs so far (woohoo go Mom!), she told me she also started taking a B Complex vitamin which is suppose to boost your metabolism. She says she thinks it's helping!

I've started taking it with a "it can't hurt" mentality and was wondering if anyone else has had positive experiences with it.

Thanks!

Replies

• kelsbeckins
    kelsbeckins Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Definitely! I have to take B12 for a thyroid problem and know that it's a lot easier to lose weight when I'm taking the medicine consistently.
  • gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    would also be interested in seeing responses
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Vitamin B will put some pep in your step : )
  • Celiamariec
    Options
    bump.
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I most certainly think Vitamin B helps. I used to take the shots but they got too expensive. Now take Super B complex every day.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Taken from a diet website...

B vitamins

These are important vitamins in terms of weight loss, and they are often known as the 'stress' vitamins. Vitamins B3 and B6 are especially important because they help to supply fuel to cells, which are then able to burn energy. Vitamin B6 together with zinc is necessary for the production of pancreatic enzymes which help you to digest food. If your digestion is good, you will be much more likely to use your food efficiently, instead of storing it as fat.

Vitamins B2, B3 and B6 are necessary for normal thyroid hormone function production, so any deficiencies in these can affect thyroid function and consequently affect metabolism. B3 is also a component of the glucose tolerance factor which is released every time your blood sugar rises. Vitamin B5 is involved in energy production and helps to control fat metabolism.

As you can see, the B vitamins as a group are important and the best way to get them is in a good B-complex supplement.
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    Calorie cycling helps with metabolism but my favorite metaboost is eating 40g of protein first thing in the AM!
    It sets up your body with a great thermic start and revvs the engine for the rest of the day!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Ericgunner
    Options
    bump
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    my thing is -

carbs at 0430

workout from 0500-0600

Protein lots of protein when I get home

Eat every 2-3 hours small snacks (break up your lunch)

Dinner

Snacks

Bed time by 2200
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    my thing is -

carbs at 0430

workout from 0500-0600

Protein lots of protein when I get home

Eat every 2-3 hours small snacks (break up your lunch)

Dinner

Snacks

Bed time by 2200

I'm an hour behind you!
    We should get together and hit the iron!

Whats your favorite bedtime snack?
  • MegJo
    MegJo Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Thanks for all the replies! I've never taken any vitamins but B sure does sound like a super vitamin to me and I'm going to continue to take it. Being that I work overnight I've also started taking Vitamin D.

I appreciate the responses! :)
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    Green tea extract
    Fish,Flax,Borage
    Colon Health Probiotic

I take all 3 3times a day!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Thanks for all the replies! I've never taken any vitamins but B sure does sound like a super vitamin to me and I'm going to continue to take it. Being that I work overnight I've also started taking Vitamin D.

I appreciate the responses! :)

Gah! Vitamin D! Definitely something I'm missing in my life. I haven't seen the sun in like six months. :(
  • californiansun
    californiansun Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I don't take vitamins or anything, but what has helped me is eating every 2-3 hours. I lost over 2 pounds this week and I didn't exercise any more than usual. I try to eat from 1700-2000 calories a day. i used to eat 800-1200 a day and didn't lose anything and would be exercising more. Good luck!
  • kari1740
    kari1740 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    For anyone who plans to start taking B vitamins: be warned, you will pee neon yellow the next morning lol
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    I don't take vitamins or anything, but what has helped me is eating every 2-3 hours. I lost over 2 pounds this week and I didn't exercise any more than usual. I try to eat from 1700-2000 calories a day. i used to eat 800-1200 a day and didn't lose anything and would be exercising more. Good luck!

Get that protein higher! Your eating enough protein to power a very small mouse!
  • californiansun
    californiansun Posts: 392 Member
    Options

Get that protein higher! Your eating enough protein to power a very small mouse!

I will, I will! Today was a bad day for me! GOSH! haha