What a Satisfying Trip to the Grocery Store!! Yay!!

Options
My husband and I are getting divorced and one of the things that drove me batty was that he wanted to shop-he wanted the power. Then I never had enough to eat in the house and not enough good things. This was my first week alone and I got to go shopping ALL by myself (he had our two little ones) I got to spend almost a half hour in the produce. I got blueberries, strawberries,celery, oranges, apples, bananas, peppers. It was wonderful. Then I got to read labels/compare etc. I even brought my hungry girl list with me! I am soooooo happy with this trip and satisfied that I will eat really well this week!!!:bigsmile:

Replies

• gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are getting divorced and one of the things that drove me batty was that he wanted to shop-he wanted the power. Then I never had enough to eat in the house and not enough good things. This was my first week alone and I got to go shopping ALL by myself (he had our two little ones) I got to spend almost a half hour in the produce. I got blueberries, strawberries,celery, oranges, apples, bananas, peppers. It was wonderful. Then I got to read labels/compare etc. I even brought my hungry girl list with me! I am soooooo happy with this trip and satisfied that I will eat really well this week!!!:bigsmile:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    You go girl! Control that food!:flowerforyou:
  • chelseachick
    Options
    It sounds very empowering. Way to go!
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    yay! way to go!
    i love shopping :laugh:
  • msujdak
    msujdak Posts: 141
    Options
    Excellent! I love having healthy food for my family!
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    Good for you. Empowerment. The best thing you can give to your kids is being a great example of empowerment.

Looks like you found more than food at the grocery store. Looks like you found yourself. :happy: True nurishment for the soul.
  • chantybear
    Options
    My fiance would rather give his left nut then to grocery shop all the time! I love shopping for healthy food, it makes you feel so good :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    AwEsOmE! :flowerforyou: