FINALLY unstuck!!!

Options
Sorry - needed to share my excitement. After five (count 'em - 5!!!) weekly weigh-ins at precisely the same weight (down to the decimal place) I finally managed to get myself unstuck! Thank goodness... I think I was going to throw the scale out the window if it showed the same number again! :wink:

Replies

• Addicted2carbs
    Options
    Well done, Im glad you didn't give up
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    this is excellent and very motivating! I bet your pleased you kept on punchin' - how does that saying go 'it wont happen overnight, but it will happen' :bigsmile:
  • amymaria91
    Options
    Congrats! I had a few weeks like that before so I know how great it is when the figure on the scales finally goes down! Keep up the good work :smile:
  • chubiD
    chubiD Posts: 260
    Options
    woo hoo! that's great news! Did you do anything different that helped you lose weight again?
  • Tonyajangel
    Options
    I have been stuck for several weeks too, what finally broke it for you?
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Well, I loosely tried to use some of the tips from our fellow MyFitnessPal friends that I looked up in mild desperation last week, but I'm not sure if that's what did the trick or not. Their suggestion was to overeat on one day, undereat for another, to kind of "toss things up" and confuse your system. I'm training for my first marathon, so undereating doesn't seem like a great idea... but I did give myself a couple days at calorie intakes above my allocation. So, it could've been that... or it could've been the increased mileage from my training plan. I don't know, but I'm sure glad I'm back on the move! It was sooooo frustrating to see "142.2" staring back at me for 5 weeks straight!

Thanks to all for your support - I really appreciate it!
  • rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Sorry - needed to share my excitement. After five (count 'em - 5!!!) weekly weigh-ins at precisely the same weight (down to the decimal place) I finally managed to get myself unstuck! Thank goodness... I think I was going to throw the scale out the window if it showed the same number again! :wink:

Share your wisdom!
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    On another thread, TNoire posted this link, which I looked at:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/387166-questions-about-weight-loss-plateau-s-why-do-they-happen-w

As I mentioned above (I think we were posting at the same time!), I'm not sure if it was playing around with the calorie intake, or slightly increased exercise, or my body just deciding to finally get going again, or what, but I think the main secret was just to continue eating right and exercising, knowing that, at some point, eating less calories than I burn means I will eventually lose the weight!