I need energy

Options
I have high blood pressure and I need to find ways to get energy besides exercising?

Replies

• bigjug1967
    Options
    I have high blood pressure and I need to find ways to get energy besides exercising?
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    You will begin to feel that energy the more you eat healthy. I personally try to find things that are high fiber or protein low fat and sugar content. Not that i don't have sugar I just try to keep it lower on my list. I personally don't buy things with corn syrup or malitol in them either. You would be surprised what corn syrup is in. Processed foods just seem to weight you down.

I have begun doing a quigong tape it is nice and helps with energy but is exercise and will use calories. It is a little like tai chi. Very low impact and a nice stretch.
  • bigjug1967
    Options
    Would love to be on the biggest loser show right now. One day I will show them I am the biggest loser at home on my own , just not as fast.Working out 4 - 5 times a day is out.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Well think about what you do first thing in the morning to wake up...yawn and stretch! Stretching is a great, low-impact way to loosen up and wake up. Deep breathing brings in more oxygen, which will perk you right up. You might want to invest in some beginning yoga videos or look up some stretches online. :smile:
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    When I watch that show, "you are what you eat" Gillian told someone to take a supplement called "astragalus" and that it helps give you energy.
  • kcran
    kcran Posts: 18
    Options
    I have found I have more energy this week by eating more protein and less wastefull carbs. I cut out my one a day habit of Mt Dew and my snacks when I feel run down is a serving of low salt almonds, plus been eating rice cakes(to satisfy the need for something crunchy) and bought lower calorie thin sliced luncheon meats, I eat one serving slowly(no bread). Also try just excercising for a 10 minutes at a time. During commercials walk around inside or outside your house once. Maybe pick something up in one room and take to another. Simple steps can add up over time to the ability to do more.