My first Mile!!!

Options
Hey all.... I am so excited I ran ONE MILE today! This is the first time I have ran one mile straight in 15 years, and I felt great! I could have done more but I want to do it again tomorrow! I am training to do a 5k, there is one in October that I did last year in memory of my Dad, but I walked it, I am running this year. Not sure when I will do my first official running 5k, but I can't wait! :bigsmile:

Replies

• JamieArmbruster
    JamieArmbruster Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hey all.... I am so excited I ran ONE MILE today! This is the first time I have ran one mile straight in 15 years, and I felt great! I could have done more but I want to do it again tomorrow! I am training to do a 5k, there is one in October that I did last year in memory of my Dad, but I walked it, I am running this year. Not sure when I will do my first official running 5k, but I can't wait! :bigsmile:
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    good for you :bigsmile: Keep up the good work:flowerforyou:
  • swissdutchess
    Options
    awesome! Its such an amazing feeling!!!!!
  • amycakes812
    Options
    That is great!! I did my first 2 miles running this week, so I completely relate to that high you are feeling! Keep it up....you will be ready for that 5K in no time!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I started in the same place as you, no running at all. I began training Thanksgiving. Last Sunday I ran my very first 5K, and I was able to run the whole thing! You can totally do it!!! Just work up slowly, and add time to your runs by small increments, stay at a time until it starts to be a little easier, then add some more time. And music changes everything for me- I could not have done it without my ipod.

Keep it up!! You will feel sooooo great when you cross that finish line!!:flowerforyou:
  • jsonnett02
    Options
    Congrats! I remember running my first 5K in 2007, then Bloomsday (7K ?) last year. Now this year I'm going to do a 1/2 Marathon and a Full! It's exciting, all your endorfines keep going!! Best of luck training and keep up the good work!!! :drinker:
  • kountess821
    Options
    That is wonderful! I will have to work up to that!
    I am at 1/4 mile jogging. But, I can walk fast forever - I just need to learn to push myself!!
    I think I still have nightmares of middle school gym class still! ;-)

Great job! Thanks for the motivation!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Congratulations goes to you! :smile:

I walk about five days a week and I am slowly trying to run. I am hoping to be able to run in the 5k in September.
  • JamieArmbruster
    JamieArmbruster Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! I will have to work up to that!
    I am at 1/4 mile jogging. But, I can walk fast forever - I just need to learn to push myself!!
    I think I still have nightmares of middle school gym class still! ;-)

Great job! Thanks for the motivation!

That is what I did! I started out at a quarter and kept working my way up! Yeah, Middle school gym class:sad: I can relate!
  • RunningSteph
    Options
    Good for you! Keep up the good work!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    congrats that is so great.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • Jus4Me
    Jus4Me Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So happy for you!! What an exciting accomplishment! Keep going, keep moving!

I've never been a runner, and out of nowhere I started running last month and have been so surprised how much I enjoy it. Sunday is my very first 5K, not sure if I am ready to run the entire time, but what the heck.

Go for it!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    wtg!:flowerforyou:
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    That's a nice tribute to your late father you'll be doing.

Congrats on your 1st of many miles!! :happy:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    That's a huge accomplishment! I know how your feeling I have just started to run and I am planning on doing a 5k on fathers day this year. I thought I would share a great website for races in your area and great training advice. www.coolrunning.com

Hope it helps!!!

Andrew
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    WTG by the time you know it you'll be running 2miles!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!