5/3/1... Anyone??

Options
Anyone else done Wendler's 5/3/1 program? I am starting it today and just like to know people who have doen the same thing or are currently working through the program as well ...
thanks!

Replies

• busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    wow,

isn't that a powerlifting routine? I'm not a power lifter so I'm not familiar with how to exactly do it in a safe manner. I still can't wrap my head around that method's idea that it's safe to lift heavy up to 16 times a week! :noway: For me that would be over my head, lol.

Please let me know what you think of it, and I hope you have some expert trainers guiding you through it! I's love to hear some good reports on how to safely do that method.
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    wow,

isn't that a powerlifting routine? I'm not a power lifter so I'm not familiar with how to exactly do it in a safe manner. I still can't wrap my head around that method's idea that it's safe to lift heavy up to 16 times a week! :noway: For me that would be over my head, lol.

Please let me know what you think of it, and I hope you have some expert trainers guiding you through it! I's love to hear some good reports on how to safely do that method.

It's not lifting heaving 16 times a week. You are lifting 4 days a week and centers around 4 main lifts. And the program runs in 4 week cycles.. Not really differnet in the reguard from lots of other programs out there that are 4 days a week. And yes, it is a power lifting program, designed to help peopel increase "raw strength" Right now my goals are to put on more muscle and increase my strength, so hopefully this will help me do that. My husband has had great success with it!
    And as far as safety goes, be have a powercage so I'm not concerned about dropping the weights and I've been lifting a while so I'm pretty confident in my form, etc.

But of course I'll be posting my progress and keeping everyone informed! :)
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Anyone else done Wendler's 5/3/1 program? I am starting it today and just like to know people who have doen the same thing or are currently working through the program as well ...
    thanks!

Yes, I'm BUMPing myself :P
    Anyone else out there doing 5/3/1?? Done 5/3/1??
    Bueller?.... Bueller?
  • jmlrh2
    jmlrh2 Posts: 10
    Options
    I do 5/3/1, if your trying to increase muscle mass on the program I would recommend the suggested bodybuilder or dave tate (i forgot what the name is in the book) accessory work. Basically you end up doing more volume. Very simple routine that continues to produce results.
  • thecrossfitter
    thecrossfitter Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Margie, I know you already know I'm doing this, but I want in on finding out who else does it!

I'm on my second cycle of it, and I have seen a massive increase in my strength!
  • Gabbahh
    Options
    Great routine. Increased my strength a lot with it. I don't recommend the Dave Tate/bodybuilder split for the average Joe tho. Most folks get better results with one of the others with less volume.