What do you insist on eating organic?

Options
2»

Replies

• thirdtime
    Options
    Everything with the thick skin - bananas, oranges, magos, squash, ...I don't try to eat organic. But, spinach, akle, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, potatoes, lettuce...I eat organic. I am a vegan, so I don't eat Milk and cheese - but I would strongly recomend eating organic and hormone-free dairy products.

In terms of trying to get cheaper produce....Is there a farner's market near you? I shop at Farmers Markets once a week - it's a lot cheaper. How about Trader Joe's?

Wish you best of luck!
  • twirwin
    Options
    I'm anti-organic. I think it's a bunch of crap and doesn't taste as good.

BTW, organic food still uses pesticides.

I think a lot of people are victims of confirmation bias when it comes to so-called organic food.

I mean no offense to anyone who eats organic. We're only human and are slaves to our primitive brains that have not caught up with our society.
  • spottedlee
    Options
    Rule of thumb I try to follow, is if I eat the skin, it should be organic. (spinach, apples, strawberries, grapes, broccoli, carrots.)

If you take the peeling off, I dont worry to much (Bananas, oranges, mangos)
    I agree!
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I'm anti-organic. I think it's a bunch of crap and doesn't taste as good.

BTW, organic food still uses pesticides.

I think a lot of people are victims of confirmation bias when it comes to so-called organic food.

I mean no offense to anyone who eats organic. We're only human and are slaves to our primitive brains that have not caught up with our society.

Clearly you have done your research on this topic. :flowerforyou: