Tights to still the jiggle?

AshinAms
AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
edited October 5 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello,

Odd question but hopefully the larger amongst us can help I hope! I have been running quite a bit recently and find that the fat bits that jiggle are actually really sore after running (mostly on my butt and upper thighs!) and I get bruises after running. I know it's not wobbling that much, but must be moving enough to create the bruising. It's quite funny, it's almost like the fat is loosening up and you can see an almost clear delineation between fat and muscle on my legs. Any ideas for how to keep it from jiggling less? Cycle shorts under my running pants maybe?

Help!
Ash

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    LOL, that's why I refer to it as jiggling instead of jogging!

I would think that some biking short would help.
  • amberwebb79
    amberwebb79 Posts: 113 Member
    Under Armour makes compression clothing to help support the muscles groups. I'm not sure if other brands make it too. Personally it makes me feel claustrophobic, but they may help.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    KimertRuns13_1 Posts: 702 Member
    I swear by my Sugoi compression running tights.
    Nike also makes some good compression tights and shorts.
  • galvestongal
    galvestongal Posts: 186 Member
    I bought compression capris from Old Navy and love them! They not only calm the jiggle down tremendously, but they smooth out all the little dimples on you thighs...I won't go out for a run with out them!
  • gaeljo
    gaeljo Posts: 223 Member
    Moving comfort compression shorts. You'll love the recovery affects of compression items anyway. And the jiggling will go away eventually. Keep running.
  • maddyg1989
    maddyg1989 Posts: 108 Member
    I love wearing my underarmor tight capris. They're not classified as compression but they should be. They're called yoga capris. Also, you should be able to find some nice tights at Target or Walmart. I know Walmart has compression clothing because my husband buys his there because he tears up his underarmor ones fast! Best of luck!!!
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I have compression socks (for ankle injury) and I do like the way the muscles in my calves recover. The Netherlands seems a bit behind on compression gear, but will order from Under Armour UK. Does anyone know if the Under Armour sizes run big or small in their pants? I guess if it's a compression item, ordering my own size will be fine as I'll wear them under something else?
This discussion has been closed.