Arm toning

Options
So Im just wondering.... anyone know of any exercises I can do outside of the gym to firm up the backside of my arms? Ive got a bit of the "jigglies" there and need to firm them up. I normally do cardio 5 times a week and started about 2 weeks ago with working in strength training. Im seeing and feeling a difference in the rest of what Im toning (including dropping 3" off my waist) but never really feel anything in the back of my arms. Maybe Im not getting that area or just need to do something different in terms of weights?

Anyway, would love to even find something I can do at home. Any suggestions?

Replies

• LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    So Im just wondering.... anyone know of any exercises I can do outside of the gym to firm up the backside of my arms? Ive got a bit of the "jigglies" there and need to firm them up. I normally do cardio 5 times a week and started about 2 weeks ago with working in strength training. Im seeing and feeling a difference in the rest of what Im toning (including dropping 3" off my waist) but never really feel anything in the back of my arms. Maybe Im not getting that area or just need to do something different in terms of weights?

Anyway, would love to even find something I can do at home. Any suggestions?
  • Natalievh
    Options
    expenses spared dear :laugh: i do stretching and YOGA and PILATES moves at home. lift stretch both arms shoulder length, fold in wrist to touch shoulder tops, lift arms reaching the back of neck , you should feel a stretch. do it as many times as you can.
    another one we were taught at school:
    arms again lifted lining up with shoulders and start swinging arms in circles start small circles and increase density with wider circles. boxing is another way.
    i hope this helps :smile:
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Tricep kick-backs are great for the back of the arm... Start off really light, like a 3 pound weight. You can do them standing up, just keep your back straight, bend slightly at the waist, and bring your arm up and behind you. The biggest thing to remember is to keep your upper arm as still as possible, and then bend at the elbow like a hinge. The only part of your arm moving should be your forearm. I don't know if I'm explaining it well enough, but you can do a search on the internet and they'll show you how to do different forms, as well as have instructional videos. Hope it helps!!!:happy:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,971 Member
    Options
    My favorite best resource with pictures and video of common exercises. I love this website.

http://www.exrx.net/Exercise.html
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!!!!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    chair dips, get some resistance bands-you can do lots of things. They're cheap and you can hang them on your wall.
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Tricep dips and resitance bands work really good. Also, push ups are a great way to tone the arms. They feel like they target the chest but it uses all the muscles in the arms and your core as wellm which is a huge bonus. :wink: