never been so embarrassed :o(

Options
to make a long story short, my boyfriend too me to the mall yesterday and heres how it went.... i've never been so ashamed and embarrassed in all my life!!! i knew i had gained weight within the past 2 years, but i didnt know it was this bad. how could i have put myself thru this and let it this get this far??? heres what happened.....

1) he took me to leroys jewelers to let me pick something out. i found the most awesome and unique ring i've ever seen. i wanted it on my pointer finger so the sales associate sized it and everything to have it sent off, but came back and said they couldnt size it larger than a 10 ( i needed a 13!!!! WTF??? for my pointer finger?!?!?!?!) without having to take out some of the diamonds. that wasnt gonna happen so i had to get it for another finger :cry:

2) he takes me to victorias secret because i need new bras BAD!!! lol. last i knew i wore a 36 B. yeah, they're a little snug so i figured a 38 would do. well, the associate there measured me and im a 40 C!!!!! REALLY??? AGAIN, WTF?!?!?! i came to cope with it and deciced i was gonna buy a couple... well, they dont sell larger than a 38 :cry: she said i could get bar extenders (or whatever they're called) to attach to them so they would fit.

its so embarrassing. i cant believe i let this happen... i've NEVER EVER been this big in my entire life and i HATE IT!!! starting this morning... my life will be changing for the better. i just need your guys help and motivation to keep me on track. thanks!!

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    you are off to a good start...identifying things you hate about being overweight. check out the link to my will power blog on my profile and create your own will power pill to help you with the mental part of this journey..

good luck to you.

here's the link to my blog:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/hmalin1/view/recipe-for-a-will-power-pill-for-help-with-the-mental-part-of-the-journey-155978
  • ellycope
    ellycope Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Just think about how awesome it'll feel when you can take that ring back to be resized down to fit your pointer finger!
  • leezanicole
    Options
    This was how I felt when I went to buy jeans and the size kept creeping up. It frustrated me so much and from there I was like I have to do something! I so understand how you feel. There were times my boyfriend has wanted to buy me clothes but I say no because I do want to be embarrassed of my size. I've lost 20 so far and have about 40 more to go. We can do this girl, we can get back on track and make changes.
  • applebobbrush
    applebobbrush Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Off to a great start, take that embarrassment and frustration and turn into motivation and determination. Think of all the sexy bras you'll be able to buy in 36B again! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • jbeauchamp1
    jbeauchamp1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Isn't it amazing how much we don't realize how far we have gone until things like this happen? I so understand your frustration and embarrassement but as others have said keep that as a reminder to motivate you to get healthy. You have come to the right place to get accountability that is for sure. If you would like to add me feel free!
  • mawhite717
    mawhite717 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    thanks you guys so much for being so uplifting about this and helping me feel better about the situation. you're all awesome!!! :bigsmile:
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    you are off to a good start...identifying things you hate about being overweight. check out the link to my will power blog on my profile and create your own will power pill to help you with the mental part of this journey..

good luck to you.

I agree, this is your wake up call, we have all had one. I will add you as a friend, and we can support each other, good luck!
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    There aren't many of us here who aren't here because they hit rock bottom somewhere along the way. You're in a great place for support and motivation. You're already on the right path by wanting to do something about it and making those changes. Congratulations! I wish you nothing but success on this journey, and we're all here for you!
  • gemmie_c
    gemmie_c Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    We all need a place to start. The important thing is that you have made a commitment to yourself to do good for yourself.

Keep your chin up-lots of us here have either been or are in the same boat as you. The path is never easy but neither is life. It's hard being overweight-it's hard changing your lifestyle and making a change for the better. You just have to pick the challenge you want.

I have lost 44lbs so far-still have 28 lbs to go-which still feels like an eternity away but I know I am in a good place to be on this challenge. MFP community is full of people wanting to help.....myself included.

Feel free to ad me and I'm here if you ever want a chat. xx
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    You are off to a good start by setting specifc, and measurable goals. You know that you want your band size to go down (ring and bra). It will be a good standard to help you keep track of where you are.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    You are off to a good start by setting specifc, and measurable goals. You know that you want your band size to go down (ring and bra). It will be a good standard to help you keep track of where you are.

Fitness bender; I love your avatar pic, you look so healthy and fit. I want to look like you when I am done!