Naughty Santa

Options
_Peacebone_
_Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
So I'm having a get together for the holidays, and instead of buying everyone individual gifts, we will be playing a game called 'Naughty Santa.'

Everyone brings a wrapped present, and we then draw numbers. When your number is called, you can either unwrap a preasent or 'steal' a present that someone has already unrapped.

The gift limit is $50, and it will be only adults (ages 22-60ish) playing. Anyone have gift ideas?

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I am disappointed with the contents of this thread.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I've only played this as White Elephant where everyone brings a used item from home or something they don't want and wraps it up
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    you need to take a trip to the "naughty" store. :) There is a ton of stuff from wind up jumping *kitten* to **** soap on a rope. :) Always can buy a box of condoms, lube, whipped cream, etc. :)
  • Football_N_Guns
    Football_N_Guns Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I've only played this as White Elephant where everyone brings a used item from home or something they don't want and wraps it up

I have also played it similar to this. For the women it was ornaments and the men tools.
  • megpapier
    megpapier Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My huge family does this every year as well except we call it the Chinese Gift Exchange. I recommend getting a gift from Spencer's. They're always fun and should produce a few laughs lol.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I've done this a lot. We do white elephant on one side and $50 limit on the other. The key to getting things moving is to have GOOD gifts that everyone wants. If you have coffee drinkers buy Starbucks beans a mug and a gift card. If you have alcohol drinkers buy a nice fifth of alcohol or two. If they like electronics then a $50 GC to Best Buy or the latest gadget, you get the point.

Last year at the family white elephant the one of my gifts was stolen the most-the old TIVO that still worked but we didn't need as we got a Comcast DVR. I remember at one I did right out of college where we had a $10 or $15 limit the gift that got stolen the most was the 6 pack of import beer with Kama Sutra oils. Lots of fun!
  • chelsifina
    chelsifina Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Liquor is always well appreciated at these things, as are handcuffs. Though, if you're going the sexy route, you also can't go wrong with something like the Kama Sutra, or a couples book for improved sex life that are available at Barnes & Nobles, if you want to be more refined. Best vibrator in the world is the Hitachi Magic Wand, for another classic. Though, once, when I was at a party like this, the favored gifts were more dorky than sexy. Lava lamps, talking key chains, retro board games from the 80s (LIFE, Sorry).
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    $50???!!!! You've got rich friends!

My group of friends have done something similar for years, except the limit is $5, and we highly encourage thrift store finds and regifting, logo SWAG from odd places [e.g., a rain gauge from Farmer's Insurance, or a honey spoon from an Argentinian beekeepers convention) .

It's a LOT more fun that way because the gifts don't matter; price is not an issue, and the emphasis is on the laughter and fun of opening and stealing the silliness from each other.