At home yoga workouts

Options
I'm thinking about adding a yoga workout to my exercise routine and wondered what suggestions people had for a beginner yoga DVD.

I'm hoping to help my flexibility and muscle balance as well as the relaxation yoga can bring.

I've seen videos by Jillian Michaels and a yoga cardio at the store. Has anyone tried those? Thoughts?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Replies

• aimeeturner
    aimeeturner Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I added her Yoga Meltdown to my daily routine for my morning workout. I really love it! It has increased my flexibility a lot and gets my day started with more energy.
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at myyogaonline.com ? They have tons of streaming videos of all levels, and some you can actually purchase and download. You can either sign up for a month of "all you want" or download.
  • yvonmac
    yvonmac Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I do Jillian Michael's yoga meltdown--it is great and intense! I started with 10 minute yoga for beginners--got it at Walmart--which helped me learn yoga moves (there are 5 workouts each 10 min you can combine them) before starting with Yoga Meltdown. Good luck!
  • FSUgirl622
    Options
    Netflix has a few yoga workouts you can stream instantly. I love Crunch: Super Metldown. It's a blend of yoga and pilates, and it will make your body feel AMAZING afterwards! Otherwise, I highly recommend taking a Bikram Yoga (hot yoga) class somewhere. It is one of the best workouts you will ever have!
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    What type of yoga workout are you looking for? Relaxing? Stretching? Intense full body workout? You have a lot of options. :) I teach yoga, so if you have any questions let me know!
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at myyogaonline.com ? They have tons of streaming videos of all levels, and some you can actually purchase and download. You can either sign up for a month of "all you want" or download.

I haven't seen this site but I am checking it out now! Thanks!
  • utes09
    Options
    Netflix has a few yoga workouts you can stream instantly. I love Crunch: Super Metldown. It's a blend of yoga and pilates, and it will make your body feel AMAZING afterwards! Otherwise, I highly recommend taking a Bikram Yoga (hot yoga) class somewhere. It is one of the best workouts you will ever have!

Found the Crunch on Netflix. Going to try it now! Thanks!
  • jbdowns35
    Options
    I do Jillian's Yoga Meltdown - Love it!!!
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I'm just about to try the Biggest loser weight loss yoga tonight once I've got at least the triplets to bed. Its 62 minutes long but I'm rather looking forward to the 'me' time!
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    One more suggestion... if you have cable TV your provider probably offers an On Demand section with lots of free exercise videos. There's a ton of variety and the content's always changing. If it weren't for the exercise videos I probably would have gotten rid of cable a long time ago!
  • OhSuzzz
    OhSuzzz Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I agree with myyogaonline.com and also hulu has some great workouts. I don't know if you have to be a plus member or not, but I keep them in my Queue in case I ever need something quick
  • utes09
    Options
    One more suggestion... if you have cable TV your provider probably offers an On Demand section with lots of free exercise videos. There's a ton of variety and the content's always changing. If it weren't for the exercise videos I probably would have gotten rid of cable a long time ago!

I have satellite and sadly there is no on demand feature :( I do love the instant live streaming on Netflix I found though!!!
  • tifftaffy
    tifftaffy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest looking up what your local library has in its collection. Sometimes you can borrow a yoga dvd for free for 7 - 10 days (depending on the library policy). It's a great way to try out the dvd before you buy it!