'Healthy' takeaway options?

Options
I know that really I should be avoiding takeaway foods... but sometimes I just treat myself!
If you order in food, what options do you choose? I'm talking pizza, chinese, indian etc.

EDIT: Perhaps I should have put 'healthier' takeaway options!

Replies

• foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    If i'm ordering take away i don't usually worry about a healthy option, i just try not to eat a ton of it.

Like if i get pizza i eat a slice or two.

BUT this weekend my sister came over and ordered chinese food and i ate way too much :) lol it happens.
  • Slimmasaurus
    Slimmasaurus Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Mmm Chinese food is my vice!!
  • horror_hamster
    Options
    for chinese: check the restaurant's menu, they often have a 'low fat' or 'healthy' section. This usually includes steamed veggies and chicken/beef/pork/shrimp. Ask if you can get some sauce on the side.

I recently ordered chicken and cashew nut from our local chinese place and was able to get lightly sauced.
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you have Panda Express where you live. [Chinese]

I get a kids meal with steamed rice and beef broccoli.
    I believe it is around 300 calories, of course I throw away the cookie it comes with and have a fortune cookie [32cals]

AND you save money. =]
  • truelypinkthing
    truelypinkthing Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I usually oft for tandoori chicken or tikka, but not with sauce, and salad.
  • this14now
    this14now Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love all those!! Unfortunately! What i have been doing is looking up what is a healthier option to eat at this place and deciding from there. Sometimes seeing how bad it looks on paper helps me to decide whether it is worth it or not. I agree with the portion control hands down though, if your going to do it then dont get crazy... I went to buffalo wild wings this weekend with my husband and friends and i got the grilled chicken tenders... I did not even realize they had those before I started watching my calorie intake. They were delicious too and like a third of the calories than my boneless buffalo wings i used to get!
  • Slimmasaurus
    Slimmasaurus Posts: 141 Member
    Options

I believe it is around 300 calories, of course I throw away the cookie it comes with and have a fortune cookie [32cals]

AND you save money. =]

There's a Panda Express just a few minutes away from my flat, but I've never been. Great idea getting a kids meal though! Portion control is definitely the way forward (and something I have to learn!)
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options

AND you save money. =]

There's a Panda Express just a few minutes away from my flat, but I've never been. Great idea getting a kids meal though! Portion control is definitely the way forward (and something I have to learn!)

I think it's great in a pinch. A bit high in sodium probably but low in calories for a nice take out option.
    I enjoy it greatly, they also have steamed veggies, but when I go out, I figure I should have a "treat"