Hundred Push-Ups

Options
Anyone familiar with the 100 Pushups program? I'm considering starting it, but would like to know what my MFP family thinks... Does it work? Do you like it? Any opinions on the subject?

Replies

• FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I loves it :)
  • chris1529
    chris1529 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I just started it, but I'm liking it so far.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    What is it...or well how does it work..I would like to try it.
  • shellyc7182
    shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    What is it??

It's an 8 or 9 week program (someone remind me) that is supposed to build you up to doing 100 consecutive pushups. Sounds scary, but I'm willing to give it a try!
  • rbvaudrizle
    rbvaudrizle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It took me 6 weeks. I did it before every workout or if i was at home. It works the little mini tests it asks you to do every so often really puts perspective into how much progress you have made. I started doing 45 total for all 5 sets. then 6 sets to make 100 pushups. Really good format to help you get stronger.
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    what is that program? i mean i gather it has you doing 100 pushups...lol But i am guessing there is more to it?
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    aha! i goodled and found it! Here is the link, for those like me who are curious about the program:

http://hundredpushups.com/

Thanks for posting your question! Gave me a new workout to try!! :happy:
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    got a link?
  • rbvaudrizle
    rbvaudrizle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i used the iphone app and it depends on how often you do it and how many you enter. It will formulate the next day. And bring you reps and sets to the according level. Very worth it!
  • jagar07
    jagar07 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I have always hated push ups, and to this day they still scare me, so I think I am going to try it, are you supposed to do them every day?
  • chris1529
    chris1529 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Just googled it and it said that you do as many push ups as you can in 5 mins. It doesn't have to be consecutive either. It can be 5 sets of 10.... etc. Sounds interesting to me! I might try it today and see how many I can do lol. :)
  • shellyc7182
    Options
    i used the iphone app and it depends on how often you do it and how many you enter. It will formulate the next day. And bring you reps and sets to the according level. Very worth it!

I have the app too, and also the site has print-offs and tips and things... I like that the app tells you when to go, how many to do. You don't have to think about it, you just do what it says!

And @jaggar07, no, you don't do them everyday. Only 3 days a week (likely MWF) to give your muscles time to recover between workouts.

P.S. to everybody: The same company that put out the hundred pushup thingy also have a hundred situp thingy!
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    bump *
  • shellyc7182
    Options
    Just googled it and it said that you do as many push ups as you can in 5 mins. It doesn't have to be consecutive either. It can be 5 sets of 10.... etc. Sounds interesting to me! I might try it today and see how many I can do lol. :)

That's just the pre-test. You do as many as you can to start with, then based on your initial amount, it formulates how many reps to do to build your strength.
  • shellyc7182
    Options
    I'm feeling a new group? Start today? Next Monday to allow for more people to join? What do we think?
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I am going to do it...I do 20 girl push ups a day lol...So I mine as well build up! :)
  • shellyc7182
    Options
    I am going to do it...I do 20 girl push ups a day lol...So I mine as well build up! :)

Girl pushups! LOL! I do those too! I think I read on the site that it doesn't matter if you do full-on pushups, "girl pushups" (knees), or standing and doing them against the wall, as long as you follow the program consistently, anyone's strength should increase! Ok, somebody seriously start a group and invite us all to it! I wanna do this, but I'm a group-tard!
  • Alison__
    Alison__ Posts: 107
    Options
    I think I'm going to try this one! Sounds really good, and I can barely do a single push up that isn't on my knees.
  • shellyc7182
    Options
    Ok, I went and started the group! Join here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/788-hundred-pushups-challenge