is there a certified dietician/nutritionist on this forum

Options
i have a question only you would be able to help me with.....i am doing everything i am supposed to do, and absolutely no results....what is wrong with me?

Replies

• deannarey13
    Options
    "Everything I am supposed to do...." is a very general statement that is often defined differently by many different people.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen one around. However, there are a lot of people who have been successful using this site and are very knowledgeable. I can try to help as well, but we would all need more information (height, weight, goal weight, how many calories you eat per day, if you eat your exercise calories). That would be a good start. :flowerforyou:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,723 Member
    Options
    i have a question only you would be able to help me with.....i am doing everything i am supposed to do, and absolutely no results....what is wrong with me?
    Define everything you're supposed to do.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    You'll need to make your diary public so people can offer honest feedback based on it.
  • megpapier
    megpapier Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I think I could help. I've been to treatment for anorexia 6 times and have been through classes upon classes of nutrition classes. I also see a dietician now. I know, why would you want to take food/diet advice from a former anorexic lol but I'm actually very knowledgeable about nutrition believe it or not. Message me if you want to chat :o)
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    Define everything you're supposed to do.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I just want to say, you are my hero.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    My guess is you either believe you're doing everything you're supposed to do OR you are not being very patient with yourself. Give it sometime. Hope the certified trainer here can help you out. Good luck.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I love posts like this.

OP- Just because someone is a certified dietician or nutritionist doesn't mean they have all the right answers. There are alot out there that are full of broscience and myths.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    In a free public forum, you often get what you pay for.

There are, however, many folks here that really know their stuff, and have the experience and valid information to back it up.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I'm not a certified dietitian or nutritionist, but I play one on MFP.
  • hdhbam
    hdhbam Posts: 40
    Options
    That was very detailed description. Thank you for that. My diagnosis is you're doing something wrong.

You're welcome.
  • summalovaable
    summalovaable Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    :laugh: x's infinity! I think there are a lot of people who do this too. After all, a university degree means virtually nothing to the "know it all"'s on mfp.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of very well educated people here who can offer sound advice. If advice someone gives you here "sounds right", then go outside of MFP and confirm it with some research of your own. I have had great success doing exactly that.

Nutrition professionals are just that - professionals. They are paid for their services. Your doctor can probably recommend one near you.

:flowerforyou:
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options

Don't you also play a medical doctor? You gave me advice on some of my medical problems as well. Much appreciated.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Keep in mind the disclaimer at the bottom of all threads. Just scroll down to the very bottom of the screen here...

Posts by members, moderators and admins should not be considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy.

If you are looking for professional advice, I would recommend asking your doc or trying Google. If you are interested in help from other MFP members, I would suggest detailing what you have been doing and perhaps making your diary public.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,025 Member
    Options
    To get the right answer from a professional they would need to know a lot more criteria that your giving, they would need to see you face to face and council you. Even then many may not give you sound advice based on biases and dogma.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    :laugh: x's infinity! I think there are a lot of people who do this too. After all, a university degree means virtually nothing to the "know it all"'s on mfp.
    Diplomas are proof that one was able to regurgitate the info presented in the courses taken.

I'm more concerned with the ability to discern good information from bad information, as well as the application of information. The results one can produce outside of school, with or without a diploma, is what matters.
  • The_Saint
    Options

Don't you also play a medical doctor? You gave me advice on some of my medical problems as well. Much appreciated.

Just call me The_Saint PHD :smokin:
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    You do know what PHD stands for in the technology field right???? PHD = Push Here Dummy....

• The_Saint
    Options
    You do know what PHD stands for in the technology field right???? PHD = Push Here Dummy....

Hmm.... makes me wonder what MD stands for...