Sound familiar? I'm looking for you!

Options
I am married with 3 children (aged 6, 3, & 2) and work full-time. I am sitting down in front of a computer all day. From about 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., my day is a blur getting ready for work, getting the kids ready for school, daycare & school run, commuting, work, fixing supper, getting the kids in their bath, then getting them ready for bed, tucking in, packing the school bags for the next day, cleaning up the kitchen from the dinner mess... and now it's 9:30 p.m. and I am exhausted! My husband works long hours, so the kids and the house fall to me (no complaints, I knew this when we got married and 8 years along we are very much in love). I am an emotional eater, so when I am feeling exhausted, frustrated, hormonal, or just overwhelmed, it feels like the only thing that will make me feel better is chocolate or cheese (in large amounts). I have only been on the site for a week and trying to log every bite I put into my mouth. The biggest surprise is how quickly the calories add up! The second biggest surprise was how many calories are in my homecooked food that I thought was healthy (nearly 400 calories in a big bowl of my chicken and rice soup!).

I know I am not alone!! I would love to get support from others who struggle to find time to be healthy and have found good substitutes for emotional eating. If this sounds like you too and you would like to give and get some support for these challenges, please let me know!!

Nina

PS - There should be a exercise entry for child-rearing! It sure feels like it should be burning lots of calories!

Replies

• vchrist
    vchrist Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    :smokin: :drinker: Nina, you are most definitely not alone! I myself work full time, and have 2 kids (9 & 6) and run most of the household as well. It is nearly impossible to find the energy for myself during the day.

I sucessfully lost 25 lbs. over 2 yrs ago and kept it off, until recently when I surprisingly gained 10 lbs in about 2 months (yikes)....stress related and definitely emotional eating. I'm here, to get back on track and to make time for me...because it matters. I would love to connect with you and keep each other motivated!
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Even though your post made me tired just reading your post, I must admit, you are correct when you said you KNOW you are not alone. I'm here for you if you would like to add me.
  • nursesarah13
    Options
    Ahh I so agree with your last statement, child rearing is exhausting and I'm sure we are burning loads of calories and we don't even know it! I'm the same with emotional eating when I am stressed out and tired. Chocolate and cheese are also on my list for foods I eat in excess haha. Feel free to add me! Welcome and I hope you find great success with this website. This is my 6th day and I love it so far.
  • cxdyer
    cxdyer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Yep, me to a tee. Only my kids at least help themselves these days. Mine are now 20, 16 and 14 but you stay just as busy. My husband owns his own business so he too puts in long hours and everything falls to me. Somedays I feel like a single mom, and I feel like I rely too much on the kids but the full time job and commuting puts a strain on me and then I feel guilty etc etc, so I am in the same boat as you are. Feel free to add me to your friends list if you want to.
  • janet5432
    janet5432 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Your day sounds like mine did a few months ago when I had my foster daughters. I tend to stress eat. I did find crystal light focus replaces my mt. dew. Things are easier now but sometimes work is rough or if I am missing the girls then my desire to eat junk increases.

Your 6 and possibly 3 year old can help with house a little. I remember those are the years the kids want to help. Now they are older and need to help and it is sometimes met with whining. Till they realize they need money to do XYZ.

I sent you a friend request.
    Jan
  • tiffanepiphany
    tiffanepiphany Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Add me! This definitely sounds familiar. I'm a wife and full-time working mom of nine year old twin girls. I'm starting over as of today and have decided to try and reach out for support from like minded individuals as well. One thing I can tell you that helped me lose weight in the past under a busy schedule is to PLAN. Try to plan your meals ahead and have everything you need readily available. I've also decided that its possible for me to wake up 30-45 minutes earlier in the morning (if I REALLY try) to have some extra time to myself-- to squeeze in some exercise or even just sit quietly with a cup of coffee.