What's the weirdest??

Options
Puddykat1026
Puddykat1026 Posts: 164 Member
What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten/done in the name of a diet?? Did it work??

This one went around the room with my friends at work & I never realized the extremes people will go to in order to lose weight!

Replies

• u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, I went through a (very short) phase where I tried chewing up my food, then spitting it into the trash without swallowing it. I quickly discovered that tasting food only made me want to eat it more, so that obviously didn't work well.
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    this prob isnt too weird for most people but i dont have a very big food pallet, but yesterday i tried making kale chips for myself. i thought they were gross..

tried to starve and of course that didnt work.
  • southofmadness
    southofmadness Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this counts as the weirdest, it may count as the dumbest. I decided to see how long I can go without food, and live on nothing but water. Just out of curiosity to see how long I could do it.I know the people have made it weeks and weeks without food as long as they have water in extreme cases. I made it a week. ( I did work all week if that helps me sound less of a wuss :))I got dizzy and passed out when I got out of the bed on day 7. I woke to my wife standing over me and with a smirk on her face..she said.." alright ,..now get something to eat you dumbass". ....women are definitely smarter than men. I wont do it agin;) i did lose 8 lbs and felt fine other that the bump on the head ... I definitely would not suggest it
  • mcadams1
    Options
    I went on this diet called the cabbage soup diet, ugh, it was terrible and I hate cabbage. After I cooked it I had to throw the pan away, I could not get the cabbage smell out.
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Not weird just stupid- starved myself with only one meal a day. I lost almost as much as I have lost with MFP but it took longer when I was starving. Wasn't nearly as fun either. At least now I get to eat everything I want (smaller portions) & never have to feel hungry.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Nothing weird.. just alot of misinformed and futile attempts at eating right. Thinking eating only at places like McAllisters, Subways ( 12" sub loaded with beef and cheese.. silly me) or some other similar place would get me in shape.
  • jagar07
    jagar07 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I have tried many different things, cutting out carbs, stop eating at night, and yes, full fasting for ten days. None of which got me the results I was looking for, Thank God for MFP!
  • wifeygonzo
    wifeygonzo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I tried some gluten-free, uber healthy, black pepper crackers this weekend. They were free, and horrible! It tasted like tree bark with loads of pepper. Sometimes I'll force myself to eat something healthy, even if it doesn't taste good just to fill me up so I won't end up eating something else that is unhealthy.
  • Puddykat1026
    Puddykat1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Wow, some interesting stories there. I'm not really a dieter, so I've never tried anything weird. However, one of the girls at work was doing some sort of water cleanse thing with citrus & cucumber in water with pepper in it. I tried it and thought it was awful. I'll stick with the citrus flavored water, but peppers??? Gross!