30 day shred questions

Options
I just bought the video and I am starting tomorrow.
According to the back of the DVD, I assume that this is something that you do every day and increase levels (there are 3), as you go through the 30 days. And, dumb question, can you take your normal rest days? I work out Monday through Friday for strength and cardio and then I do recreational exercises on the weekend.
Can anyone share their experience doing the video?
I know that there have been many posts about this but I did not think I would ever do this work out.

Replies

• poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    The 1st time I did the "Shred" this summer I did it straight for 28 days....skipping just 2 days to go camping 4th of July weekend....I got REALLLLLLY bored! This time I am taking one or two rest days Saturday or Sunday......all depends how lazy I am!! :)
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    What I have heard is to do 10 days at each level with 1 day of rest each week.
  • Iheartsushi
    Iheartsushi Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hey..I just saw another post from someone that stated that on one of Jillian's recent podcasts she mentions that she never intended 30DS to be done daily for 30 days. It is meant to be completed 3-4 days a week with other forms of exercise cardio to be included. I would absolutely include a rest day in there! Do some research on this..Good luck!
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    I do it just about everyday, and every other day, I add another workout in with it to switch it up
    BUT
    I did see the same post where you arent supposed to do it everyday.. but its your choice.
  • Sassi50
    Sassi50 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hey..I just saw another post from someone that stated that on one of Jillian's recent podcasts she mentions that she never intended 30DS to be done daily for 30 days. It is meant to be completed 3-4 days a week with other forms of exercise cardio to be included. I would absolutely include a rest day in there! Do some research on this..Good luck!

I would make sure that you take a rest day from her work out every 4 or so days. Continue with a different form of exercise of your rest days...thus Cross-Training!!!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    The first time I did it, I did it every day for 30 days, 10 days at each level. I don't think that is how it was supposed to be done but for some reason, I thought so. I think you can move on whenever you feel like you are ready. I am doing it again, but I do take some rest days. I don't do any other exercise, though.
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    In her Ripped in 30 video she highly recommends taking a day or two for rest each week. I am starting the 30 day shred again. The first time I did it for 30 days straight no rest. This time I am doing it Mon-Fri 2 weeks each level and see if I get better results.
  • Brainsurgeon
    Brainsurgeon Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My first time doing 30DS I did it in 33 days (pretty much 7 days a week) 10 days of each level.

I'm doing it again, only this time I'm doing it 5 days a week (mon - fri) and I'm doing one week of each level (5x level 1, 5 x level 2, 5 x level 3, and then back to level 1 again).

This is purely just to stop me from getting bored (no scientific reasoning what-so-ever) - 10 days of each level was just a bit dull. That's interesting to hear J.M never intended it to be done in 30 days, although it certainly produces results in that time!
  • princessf1
    princessf1 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking this - I was wondering the same..
  • _tiifyjo_
    _tiifyjo_ Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am in the process of doing 30 DS right now. I didn't realize that you weren't supposed to do it every day, but I was until this past weekend. Level 2 killed me on the first day, so I did a different workout the next day. I also add in some extra workouts for the muscle confusion.
  • GCPgirl
    GCPgirl Posts: 208 Member
    Options

I read the same post! I didn't do it everyday because I'd get bored with the same thing. I threw it other exercises in between.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/395495-jillian-says-not-to-do-30-day-shred-everyday
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the feedback, everyone. It is all very helpful.
  • Italianant
    Italianant Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What a great question!! Now I don't feel so guilty that I only do it 3-4 days a week (and one day of intense zumba).
  • sassycissy
    sassycissy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Perfect! I am exhausted and need to take a day break. :P Now I don't feel so guilty having a Real Housewives marathon instead.