wii fit advice for novice

Options
can anyone please tell me if they use wii fit at all and which of the workouts do you do ,im curious because i am a beginner ,recovering from an op and didnt dare put that this is the only thing i can manage at the minute.i would love anyones advice on this ,joanie

Replies

• deviouslady
    Options
    I like the some of the yoga poses and some other activities. I really like the challenge of the games with balance and hula hooping is fun and burns calories.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I have not done the wii fit (I usually do EA ACTIVE 2) in a while but I believe that there is a section that you can go to and it has pre-made workouts or it will help you target areas and put together a work out. Most are very low intensity.
  • Marzipans11
    Marzipans11 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If you're recovering from an operation, you should probably get a doctor's advice on what exercises are appropriate for you. The Wii Fit has an advantage in that you can choose what muscle groups to use, but it does tend to use the legs more.
  • simplingrillin
    Options
    I play on the wii fit for an hour day, I dont like doing the strength or yoga on there so I stick mostly to the hula hooping, advanced step, and running. I also throw in some balance games just because they are fun :D

To get in the strength training I do Jillian Michaels 30 day shred.

Hope this helps.
  • JOANIE69
    JOANIE69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    thankyou:flowerforyou:
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I have the WIi Fit and the Wii Fit Plus. Not to mention EA Active 2 and Zumba for the Wii. I will say with the Wii Fit, I love doing the boxing on it, if you can unlock the 10 minute goal, you can burn around 69 calories. I also like the steps on it, the first one burns about 27, and the second burns 44. It's fun and all the stuff on there builds muscles and burns calories. I love the yoga on it.
  • JOANIE69
    Options
    If you're recovering from an operation, you should probably get a doctor's advice on what exercises are appropriate for you. The Wii Fit has an advantage in that you can choose what muscle groups to use, but it does tend to use the legs more.
    thanks for your kind reply:happy:
  • JOANIE69
    Options
    I have the WIi Fit and the Wii Fit Plus. Not to mention EA Active 2 and Zumba for the Wii. I will say with the Wii Fit, I love doing the boxing on it, if you can unlock the 10 minute goal, you can burn around 69 calories. I also like the steps on it, the first one burns about 27, and the second burns 44. It's fun and all the stuff on there builds muscles and burns calories. I love the yoga on it.
    thanks for this:flowerforyou:
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit and have collected a wide range of the fitness programs. I like useing it because you can find programs that allow for you to isolate areas. Both my wife and I use the system and I have friends who swear by it. I had a knee injury that restricted me from twisting or impact exercise, I used the Wii Boxing while seated in a chair and felt I was still getting a fair upper body work out, your not getting the full calorie burn but to me activity was more important. EA Sports Active is a good beginner and so are Fit and Fit Plus. As previously stated talk to your Doctor, listen to your body and find what you enjoy.
  • JOANIE69
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit and have collected a wide range of the fitness programs. I like useing it because you can find programs that allow for you to isolate areas. Both my wife and I use the system and I have friends who swear by it. I had a knee injury that restricted me from twisting or impact exercise, I used the Wii Boxing while seated in a chair and felt I was still getting a fair upper body work out, your not getting the full calorie burn but to me activity was more important. EA Sports Active is a good beginner and so are Fit and Fit Plus. As previously stated talk to your Doctor, listen to your body and find what you enjoy.