When to drink water?

I was just curious. I dont drink a ton of water throughout the day at work, but when I get home I drink like 4 water bottles throughout the night until I go to bed. Does it make a difference when you get water or just that you get it?? Thanks :)

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    Your body will probably handle most of what you give it, but it's probably best to spread it out
  • britishstar41
    britishstar41 Posts: 140 Member
    I drink tea in the morning and that takes me to about lunch time. Then I drink all water from then until the end of the day. I need to drink more in general, I know. I don't think it matters when you drink it, but if your body isn't getting any until dinner time (is that after work for you?) then that might not be as beneficial. That's only a third of your day, right?
  • AdrienneKaren
    AdrienneKaren Posts: 168 Member
    I don't drink a whole lot of anything at work, but I try to drink at least 3 glasses of water before work and then as much as I can after.
  • Your body will probably handle most of what you give it, but it's probably best to spread it out

Ya, thats what I thought too, it is so much harder for me in the colder months to get it down during the day :/
  • I recommend spacing your water intake to encompass a longer period of time vs a short burst. Simply put, the more water you throw at your body in a short amount of time, the more water your body is going to push out via your kidneys. If your body is unable to use the large amount of water given to it, it simply sends it down to processing. =)
  • In winter, I like to drink warm water with a lemon or lime wedge. It's really delicious!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Body needs water and appreciates what it gets by giving you back health, energy and strength. Just try to drink minimum 64 ounces daily- more is better but there is a limit that would be too much. Doesn't sound like that's an issue : )
  • I drink tea in the morning and that takes me to about lunch time. Then I drink all water from then until the end of the day. I need to drink more in general, I know. I don't think it matters when you drink it, but if your body isn't getting any until dinner time (is that after work for you?) then that might not be as beneficial. That's only a third of your day, right?

Yup I get out of work at 4.
  • I recommend spacing your water intake to encompass a longer period of time vs a short burst. Simply put, the more water you throw at your body in a short amount of time, the more water your body is going to push out via your kidneys. If your body is unable to use the large amount of water given to it, it simply sends it down to processing. =)

Good to know! Thanks!
  • In winter, I like to drink warm water with a lemon or lime wedge. It's really delicious!
    mmmmmm