Lower carb intake

Options
2»

Replies

• steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options

"sorry but you heard wrong, there is no metabolic advantage to low carb diets"
    [/quote]

My body tells me otherwise! I was eating the same number of calories before and I cut out carbs and I am losing an average of almost 2 pounds a week.

It is working for me!
    [/quote]

"It's working for me to!!"
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options

"sorry but you heard wrong, there is no metabolic advantage to low carb diets"

My body tells me otherwise! I was eating the same number of calories before and I cut out carbs and I am losing an average of almost 2 pounds a week.

It is working for me!

You appear to be generalizing the term "carbs". If you are cutting out refined sugar, processed flour and white bread and pasta, then I believe you are correct. If you are cutting out fruits, whole grains and legumes (which are also high in carbohydrates), then I would suspect your results to be coincidental.

Definitely not a coincidence in my case at all. I followed weight watchers religiously with not great results. I am eating the SAME number of calories if not more. But have cut way way back on carbs. No grains, starches, very little fruit for now. Veggies, protein, fat. Right now I am eating a huge bowl of salad with olive oil ! Yum

Well, I guess we have both found a way to maximize our success with vastly different approaches. I had oatmeal with fruit for breakfast, potatoes and beans for lunch and pasta with corn on the cob for dinner. I too, am losing about 2 pounds a week. But in the interest of my endothelial cells, I'll skip the added oil and butter.
  • yummummum
    Options
    Yes, I think it is very different for each person. I did not believe that I could have a "problem" with carbs. That is why I stuck it out on weight watchers for so long.