close to the egde

So i'm between snacks.

just after lunch.

1hr and a half till my snack and im dying. my stomach is growling and two glasses of water and a cup of tea wont shut it up.

what do you guys do when youre between means or snacks and all you can think about is "a tiny little something. a little snack. nothing detrimental... it couldn't hurt could it??" - you get the idea.

Replies

• theGuest
    theGuest Posts: 117 Member
    So i'm between snacks.

just after lunch.

1hr and a half till my snack and im dying. my stomach is growling and two glasses of water and a cup of tea wont shut it up.

what do you guys do when youre between means or snacks and all you can think about is "a tiny little something. a little snack. nothing detrimental... it couldn't hurt could it??" - you get the idea.
  • Eat something! Your body is saying it's hungry and as long as you stay in your calories, a snack will not break you. Make it small, an apple, a handful of almonds, couple of crackers. Don't starve yourself!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    raw carrots, or cooked green beans, :smile:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    I am not sure everyone would agree. But I personally listen to what your body is telling you. Maybe a piece of fruit or vegie. Nuts are good when you just need to take the edge off. A few will go a long way. Fruits and vegies don't always take that edge off for me.
  • I totally agree, eat up! Maybe you need to be eating more at lunch also, something low in cals but a good filler like steamed veggies or a huge salad with a lil' salad spritzer dressing.
  • Just make yourself sit and meitate and think is this hunger or anxiety pains , most time it will end up being the later. But sometimes if it is your hunger , get a small snack and then do some sit ups and make yourself feel better about it lol
  • It seems to be helpful to me when I drink hot cocoa. Krogers has this swiss mix diet hot cocoa that is only 25 cal per packet. I couldn't believe it the first time I tried it. It was better than all the other cocoas I drank before my diet.
  • i just ate a whole can of boiled carrots and they were good too
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Eat something! One of the issues most of us overweight people have is that we have lost the ability to truly listen to what our bodies are telling us. We usually eat for reasons other than hunger and even if we are hungry we usually eat far past the point of fullness.

Sometimes being thirsty is mistaken for hunger, but it sounds like you are well hydrated. If your body is telling you that you are hungy you need to give it something to eat. Try a small snack, a piece of fruit, low-fat string cheese, almonds. Wait a little and see if you are still hungry. If you don't feed your body when it says it needs it, then it may start trying to reserve the fat to prepare for starvation. Let it know there is food and it's ok to burn calories.

Some days you are just going to need more calories than others.

Good Luck!
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    I agree with those who say eat something.

It sounds like you are staying on track with your water intake. Many times we substitute our feelings of thirst with feelings of hunger, but that shouldn't be an issue for you right now.

Just be smart about it - your body is telling you something. Listen carefully to what your body needs, not what your mind or emotions might be telling you. :flowerforyou: Good luck!
  • theGuest
    theGuest Posts: 117 Member
    wow talk about a quick response!!

thanks so much you guys. i think i'll just have my snack an hour or so early.

i have this hot cocoa, don know who makes it... its pretty good - only 49 cals.

thanks yall!
  • Eat an apple!!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    For today, eat.

tomorrow, eat a bigger lunch. This is the same problem I had at first I just had to learn to eat a bigger lunch than I thought someone "dieting" should have. Make sure your lunch has plenty of fiber that will keep you fuller longer.

good luck tomorrow :drinker:
  • This happened to me today, I was so hungry for some reason! So I ate some fresh pineapple, a whole grapefruit, a couple of plums and a cup of green tea! It tided me over and I definitely got my '5 a day' today! Plus I think pineapple and grapefruit were on that 'negative calorie' food list someone posted so that's all good!